Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] (unknown)

  • Brad Franks
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
      Is the 1 perhaps the Level line for 1st level?

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Franks"
        <bfranks@d...> wrote:
        > Is the 1 perhaps the Level line for 1st level?

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        All these variables are declared at 1st level
        MonkSpeedBonus15
        MonkSpeedBonus20
        MonkSpeedBonus30
        MonkSpeedBonus40
        MonkSpeedBonus50
        MonkSpeedBonus60

        Lets look at one of the full lines
        1
        BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|(MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5
        BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
        PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
        DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0

        A.The statement DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0 dedclares the var.
        B.The statement BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|(MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5
        takes the var and gives it a value.
        C.We then take the value and say in this statement
        BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
        PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0

        Add to the walk movement type 15 if the var(MonkSpeedBonus) equals
        exactly 15 but only do this if the character is not wearing armor.
        This is the part about the aromor
        PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0

        All the movement vars are defined at first level as the 1 on the
        class line indicates. The clalcs alter as the monks Total Level
        increases making each of the lines come into play so the value for
        movement changes. Did that help answer what you are asking?
      • Tomasina76 <TomS@PowerQuest.Com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
          > All these variables are declared at 1st level
          > MonkSpeedBonus15
          > MonkSpeedBonus20
          > MonkSpeedBonus30
          > MonkSpeedBonus40
          > MonkSpeedBonus50
          > MonkSpeedBonus60
          >
          > Lets look at one of the full lines
          > 1
          > BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|(MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5

          BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
          > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
          > DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0
          >

          > A.The statement DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0 dedclares the var.
          > B.The statement BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|(MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5
          > takes the var and gives it a value.
          > C.We then take the value and say in this statement

          BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
          > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
          >
          > Add to the walk movement type 15 if the var(MonkSpeedBonus) equals
          > exactly 15 but only do this if the character is not wearing armor.
          > This is the part about the aromor
          > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
          >
          > All the movement vars are defined at first level as the 1 on the
          > class line indicates. The clalcs alter as the monks Total Level
          > increases making each of the lines come into play so the value for
          > movement changes. Did that help answer what you are asking?

          All except for this line:

          BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|

          It would appear that the line is saying (in pseudocode)

          If MOVEBASE is equal to 15 then add %monkspeedbonus15% to the walk
          movement type

          What am I missing?
          So what do I need to do if I want to give speed bonuses on levels
          1/3/6/9?

          My workaround for the time being has been adding alot of lines like
          this:

          BONUS:MOVE|LIGHT|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.30.THEN.20.ELSE.0

          You can see why I want to use this format as it looks a lot easier.

          - Tom
        • dlm1065 <dlm1065@hotmail.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2003
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tomasina76 <TomS@P...>"
            <TomS@P...> wrote:
            > > All these variables are declared at 1st level
            > > MonkSpeedBonus15
            > > MonkSpeedBonus20
            > > MonkSpeedBonus30
            > > MonkSpeedBonus40
            > > MonkSpeedBonus50
            > > MonkSpeedBonus60
            > >
            > > Lets look at one of the full lines
            > > 1
            > > BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|(MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5

            BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
            > > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
            > > DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0
            > >

            > > A.The statement DEFINE:MonkSpeedBonus15|0 dedclares the var.
            > > B.The statement BONUS:VAR|MonkSpeedBonus15|
            (MonkSpeedLVL/3).TRUNC*5
            > > takes the var and gives it a value.
            > > C.We then take the value and say in this statement

            BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|
            > > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
            > >
            > > Add to the walk movement type 15 if the var(MonkSpeedBonus)
            equals
            > > exactly 15 but only do this if the character is not wearing
            armor.
            > > This is the part about the aromor
            > > PREVAREQ:ENCUMBERANCE,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED],0
            > >
            > > All the movement vars are defined at first level as the 1 on the
            > > class line indicates. The clalcs alter as the monks Total Level
            > > increases making each of the lines come into play so the value
            for
            > > movement changes. Did that help answer what you are asking?
            >
            > All except for this line:

            BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Walk|.IF.MOVEBASE.EQ.15.THEN.MonkSpeedBonus15.ELSE.0|

            > It would appear that the line is saying (in pseudocode)
            >
            > If MOVEBASE is equal to 15 then add %monkspeedbonus15% to the walk
            > movement type
            That is correct see below the table I created

            > What am I missing?
            > So what do I need to do if I want to give speed bonuses on levels
            > 1/3/6/9?

            Nothing

            Look at the valuse of the var with the conditional statement then
            you add the value if its equal

            MonkSpeedBonus
            Lev Bonus15 Bonus30 Bonus50
            Bonus20 Bonus40 Bonus60
            1 0 0 0 0 0 0
            2 0 0 0 0 0 0
            3 5 5 10 10 15 20
            4 5 5 10 10 15 20
            5 5 5 10 10 15 20
            6 10 15 20 20 30 40
            7 10 15 20 20 30 40
            8 10 15 20 20 30 40
            9 15 20 30 30 45 60
            10 15 20 30 30 45 60
            11 15 20 30 30 45 60
            12 20 25 40 40 60 80
            13 20 25 40 40 60 80
            14 20 25 40 40 60 80
            15 25 35 50 50 75 100
            16 25 35 50 50 75 100
            17 25 35 50 50 75 100
            18 30 45 60 60 90 120
            19 30 45 60 60 90 120
            20 30 45 60 60 90 120

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
              Try CHOOSE:FEAT=<feat name/TYPE>

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              > Is there any way to get the list of owned feats when using CHOICE in a
              > custom feat? (It's for Magical Artisan from PGtF).
              >
              > I'm trying CHOICE:FEAT|Type=ItemCreation but this shows feats that the
              > character is qualified to select, not owned.

            • David Artiga
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2004
                Already tried.

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 11, 2008
                  --- = Nothing?

                  Eric, did you mean to send a blank?

                  ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 11, 2008
                    Well, some times I have nothing to say . . . :-)

                    Eric

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 19, 2011

                      Interesting. Well, you've successfully sent two messages to the group. Congrats. Feel free to ask
                      questions on how to make PCGen Homebrew sets and make things work for you.

                      Cheers,

                      On 8/19/2011 6:10 PM, Charlie Whipple wrote:
                      > it said to send a message here to start sending messages to the group

                    • Henk Slaaf
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 7, 2012
                        Don't click this. It is a virus.

                        Best,