PRESPELLTYPE BUG?

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2008
      Given an Ability that be taken by any caster that knows at least two
      level 3 spells.

      Can't use PRESPELLTYPE:2,Any=3 because that includes Psionics.

      Trying: PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3,Divine=3

      It fails for a 7th level Sorcerer.

      Yet when I change it to: PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3

      It passes. ?!?

      That is completely inconsistent behavior. If you list only one item
      it allows multiple matches within that item, but if you list more than
      one it doesn't?!? I believe that is a bug?

      Can the Data folks confirm the following behavior is appropriate:

      PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3

      Requires at least 2 known Arcane spells of level 3

      PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3,Divine=3

      Requires at least 2 known (Arcane or Divine) spells of level 3

      PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3],[PRESPELLTYPE:2,Divine=3]

      Requires at least 2 known Arcane spells of level 3 or 2 known Divine
      spells of level 3

      PREMULT:2,[PRESPELLTYPE:1,Arcane=3],[PRESPELLTYPE:1,Divine=3]

      Requires at least 1 known Arcane spell of level 3 and one known
      Divine Spell of level 3

      TP.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2008
        Tom Parker scribed:

        > Given an Ability that be taken by any caster that knows at least two
        > level 3 spells.
        >
        > Can't use PRESPELLTYPE:2,Any=3 because that includes Psionics.
        >
        > Trying: PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3,Divine=3
        >
        > It fails for a 7th level Sorcerer.
        >
        > Yet when I change it to: PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3
        >
        > It passes. ?!?
        >
        > That is completely inconsistent behavior. If you list only one item
        > it allows multiple matches within that item, but if you list more than
        > one it doesn't?!? I believe that is a bug?

        I agree.

        > Can the Data folks confirm the following behavior is appropriate:
        >
        > PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3
        >
        > Requires at least 2 known Arcane spells of level 3
        >
        > PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3,Divine=3
        >
        > Requires at least 2 known (Arcane or Divine) spells of level 3
        >
        > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:2,Arcane=3],[PRESPELLTYPE:2,Divine=3]
        >
        > Requires at least 2 known Arcane spells of level 3 or 2 known Divine
        > spells of level 3
        >
        > PREMULT:2,[PRESPELLTYPE:1,Arcane=3],[PRESPELLTYPE:1,Divine=3]
        >
        > Requires at least 1 known Arcane spell of level 3 and one known
        > Divine Spell of level 3
        >
        > TP.

        This looks correct to me Tom.
        --