BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|x

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
      Do we have a way of increasing a creatures size *without* adding in the
      abilites bonuses that come along with the BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|x tag? I'm
      trying to implement some templates that grand a charater a size increase and
      a fixed Strength bonus, but this token always applies a size dependent
      increase as well. Is there a way, or would we have to implement that in code?

      Regards,
      Stefan.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        No. You'd need to cancel out the bonuses granted from the size change.

        The Size Modifier are found in the gamemode.

        Stefan Radermacher wrote:
        > Do we have a way of increasing a creatures size *without* adding in the
        > abilites bonuses that come along with the BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|x tag? I'm
        > trying to implement some templates that grand a charater a size increase and
        > a fixed Strength bonus, but this token always applies a size dependent
        > increase as well. Is there a way, or would we have to implement that in code?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Stefan.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
          Stefan Radermacher scribed:

          > Do we have a way of increasing a creatures size *without* adding in the
          > abilites bonuses that come along with the BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|x tag? I'm
          > trying to implement some templates that grand a charater a size increase and
          > a fixed Strength bonus, but this token always applies a size dependent
          > increase as well. Is there a way, or would we have to implement that in code?

          For templates you can also use the SIZE tag, although you will probably
          still have the same problem. I don't see any other way to do it besides
          having counter bonuses, if you are very clever you can do it all in one
          formula.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            On Saturday 02 February 2008 16:03:24 Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > For templates you can also use the SIZE tag, although you will probably
            > still have the same problem. I don't see any other way to do it besides
            > having counter bonuses, if you are very clever you can do it all in one
            > formula.

            I don't think something like this would actually work: SIZE:L|PRESIZE:M.
            Canceling the bonuses by counterbonuses is also difficult since the bonuses
            vary by original size.

            I think it would be easier to expand the BONUS tag by creating a version of
            that only changes the size. what do you think? What could be a fitting
            syntax?

            Regards,
            Stefan.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
              Stefan Radermacher scribed:

              > On Saturday 02 February 2008 16:03:24 Eddy Anthony wrote:
              >> For templates you can also use the SIZE tag, although you will probably
              >> still have the same problem. I don't see any other way to do it besides
              >> having counter bonuses, if you are very clever you can do it all in one
              >> formula.
              >
              > I don't think something like this would actually work: SIZE:L|PRESIZE:M.
              > Canceling the bonuses by counterbonuses is also difficult since the bonuses
              > vary by original size.

              You are right that that won't work but looking at the docs entry for SIZE in
              templates it says you can use a number or formula and gives the example of
              SIZE:max(AnimalSize,SIZE). Now I know that won't work because it's circular,
              the SIZE variable changes to whatever the SIZE template tag sets it to so
              you can't use it there.

              You could do it by creating hidden templates (one for each size) PRESIZE the
              templates and call them from the main template with a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE, that
              would work.

              > I think it would be easier to expand the BONUS tag by creating a version of
              > that only changes the size. what do you think? What could be a fitting
              > syntax?

              This may be useful, there are spells like enlarge person which present the
              same problem. How about BONUS:TEMPSIZE with the same syntax as
              BONUS:SIZEMOD?
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                I will note (for those who haven't been around as long) that this
                issue has come up before.

                If you search back on the yahoo forums (which one I can't recall)
                there was a discussion about this due to the Enlarge Person and Animal
                Growth spells. I wasn't directly involved but I believe someone came
                up with a work around which may still be usable.
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I will note (for those who haven't been around as long) that this
                  > issue has come up before.
                  >
                  > If you search back on the yahoo forums (which one I can't recall)
                  > there was a discussion about this due to the Enlarge Person and Animal
                  > Growth spells. I wasn't directly involved but I believe someone came
                  > up with a work around which may still be usable.

                  Oh and Wild Shape was causing the same problem.
                • Stefan Radermacher
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                    On Saturday 02 February 2008 18:52:48 taluroniscandar wrote:
                    > > I will note (for those who haven't been around as long) that this
                    > > issue has come up before.
                    > >
                    > > If you search back on the yahoo forums (which one I can't recall)
                    > > there was a discussion about this due to the Enlarge Person and Animal
                    > > Growth spells. I wasn't directly involved but I believe someone came
                    > > up with a work around which may still be usable.
                    >
                    > Oh and Wild Shape was causing the same problem.

                    Sounds to me like a good idea to implement this. :)

                    Stefan.