RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] 4th Edition OGL *** MODERATOR POST ***

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
      > The wording of the press release indicates however that we would be
      > allowed to create a D&D 4th Edition based PCGen when the OGL Designer Kit
      becomes
      > available for free on June 6, 2008 ("Phase Two"). We would, hoewever,
      > be barred form releasing it before January 1, 2009.

      I don't see it that way. They have no control over PCGen (the program).

      We can make the program capable of handling the 4.0 data and release it as
      soon as we feel it's ready, it would just have to be without 4e data. The
      program itself is *not* under the OGL, past or future, nor can they make it
      be.

      So, we could do the program work and send it out there for those intrepid
      souls who want to enter their own data, and then release data sets for the
      OGL content after Jan 1, 2009. (Which is what I think we should do
      personally).

      Some people can get the PHB in May when it's released, comb through it for
      necessary functionality changes and start getting FREQs entered for 6.1 (I'd
      call that the 4e compatibility release :p) and try and get it out there in
      time for Gencon...

      Barak