Templates and shape change

  • Mark St. Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
      Suppose there is a race Code Monkey (Normal Form) with 2 alternate
      forms: Code Monkey (Hybrid Form) and Code Monkey (Human Form). I'm
      looking at using templates to codify the hybrid and alternate forms.
      What I'm wondering is if there is a way for a template to replace
      another template. Using the above race, I would add the Hybrid Form
      template. If I were to later add the Human Form template, I want it to
      replace the Hybrid Form template with the Human Form template (or vice
      versa). The Druid Wildshape ability does not provide any insight on
      this.
    • Mark St. Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark St. Thomas"
        <astromath@...> wrote:

        > Suppose there is a race Code Monkey (Normal Form) with 2 alternate
        > forms: Code Monkey (Hybrid Form) and Code Monkey (Human Form). I'm
        > looking at using templates to codify the hybrid and alternate forms.
        > What I'm wondering is if there is a way for a template to replace
        > another template. Using the above race, I would add the Hybrid Form
        > template. If I were to later add the Human Form template, I want it
        > replace the Hybrid Form template with the Human Form template (or
        vice
        > versa). The Druid Wildshape ability does not provide any insight on
        > this.

        I think I just answered my own question. Would the following work?

        TEMPLATE:.CLEAR.Hybrid Form

        or

        TEMPLATE:.CLEAR.Human Form

        depending on which template is active.