Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] WEAPONBONUS tag in CLASS level line

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
      If you want a chooser, you need to use a CHOOSE tag, if you want a
      bonus, you use a BONUS tag.

      So, CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF| comes to mind, or CHOOSE:STRING|wp1|wp2|wp3 and
      then BONUS:WEAPONPROF=LIST|TOHIT,DAMAGE|x would also work.

      Personally, and the way we are doing it for most our sets, I'd use a
      Feat, that has the chooser and Bonus tag in it... remember to use
      MULT:YES otherwise the chooser won't fire either.

      Mark St. Thomas wrote:
      > I'm recreating a prestige class from one of the books that allows a
      > choice of one of three weapon proficiencies listed. I have the
      > following:
      >
      > 1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:wp1|wp2|wp3
      >
      > However, when I add the prestige class, the chooser does not appear.
      > Nor does it add any of the weapon profs at all. I also tried MODing
      > the weapons listed to TYPE:PrestigeClass and have the following:
      >
      > 1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:TYPE.PrestigeClass
      >
      > This also does not work. Is this tag broken? Is there any other way
      > to have the chooser appear? I haven't tried the template route yet
      > (the other place where WEAPONBONUS is supposed to work).

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008

        Not true... the OP is just looking in the wrong place.

        The tag works, it just doesn't pop a chooser.

        You need to go to the SA/Language/Weaponprof tab/button and select the
        "Optional Profs" button and then pick which of those you want as your
        selected prof.

        Barak
      • Mark St. Thomas
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]

          Thx for the fast reply. But here again, the docs are not clear that
          WEAPONBONUS does not pop up a chooser.
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
            Hi Folks!

            On Jan 6, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Mark St. Thomas wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

            And this is where the doc team comes in . . . :-)

            I'll open a tracker to handle this issue, but I need a bit more
            info . . .

            Does this same behavior apply to all three WEAPONBONUS tags? (Class,
            Race, and Template)

            Eric C Smith
            Doc 2nd
            PCGen Project
          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
              [ 1866131 ] WEAPONBONUS doesn't use a CHOOSE dialog
              <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=1866131&group_id=25576&atid=748234>

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark St. Thomas" <astromath@...> wrote:

            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
                <drew0500@...> wrote:

                > If you want a chooser, you need to use a CHOOSE tag, if you want a
                > bonus, you use a BONUS tag.
                >
                > So, CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF| comes to mind, or CHOOSE:STRING|wp1|wp2|wp3

                CHOOSE:STRING should be used for Strings, not for Weaponprofs. If you
                intend to "reuse" the result of a CHOOSE in another token (other than
                something like SA), you should NOT be using STRING.

                TP.