WEAPONBONUS tag in CLASS level line

  • Mark St. Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
      I'm recreating a prestige class from one of the books that allows a
      choice of one of three weapon proficiencies listed. I have the
      following:

      1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:wp1|wp2|wp3

      However, when I add the prestige class, the chooser does not appear.
      Nor does it add any of the weapon profs at all. I also tried MODing
      the weapons listed to TYPE:PrestigeClass and have the following:

      1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:TYPE.PrestigeClass

      This also does not work. Is this tag broken? Is there any other way
      to have the chooser appear? I haven't tried the template route yet
      (the other place where WEAPONBONUS is supposed to work).
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
        If you want a chooser, you need to use a CHOOSE tag, if you want a
        bonus, you use a BONUS tag.

        So, CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF| comes to mind, or CHOOSE:STRING|wp1|wp2|wp3 and
        then BONUS:WEAPONPROF=LIST|TOHIT,DAMAGE|x would also work.

        Personally, and the way we are doing it for most our sets, I'd use a
        Feat, that has the chooser and Bonus tag in it... remember to use
        MULT:YES otherwise the chooser won't fire either.

        Mark St. Thomas wrote:
        > I'm recreating a prestige class from one of the books that allows a
        > choice of one of three weapon proficiencies listed. I have the
        > following:
        >
        > 1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:wp1|wp2|wp3
        >
        > However, when I add the prestige class, the chooser does not appear.
        > Nor does it add any of the weapon profs at all. I also tried MODing
        > the weapons listed to TYPE:PrestigeClass and have the following:
        >
        > 1 <tab> WEAPONBONUS:TYPE.PrestigeClass
        >
        > This also does not work. Is this tag broken? Is there any other way
        > to have the chooser appear? I haven't tried the template route yet
        > (the other place where WEAPONBONUS is supposed to work).

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
          > If you want a chooser, you need to use a CHOOSE tag, if you want a
          > bonus, you use a BONUS tag.

          Not true... the OP is just looking in the wrong place.

          The tag works, it just doesn't pop a chooser.

          You need to go to the SA/Language/Weaponprof tab/button and select the
          "Optional Profs" button and then pick which of those you want as your
          selected prof.

          Barak
        • Mark St. Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]

            Thx for the fast reply. But here again, the docs are not clear that
            WEAPONBONUS does not pop up a chooser.
          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
              Hi Folks!

              On Jan 6, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Mark St. Thomas wrote:
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

              And this is where the doc team comes in . . . :-)

              I'll open a tracker to handle this issue, but I need a bit more
              info . . .

              Does this same behavior apply to all three WEAPONBONUS tags? (Class,
              Race, and Template)

              Eric C Smith
              Doc 2nd
              PCGen Project
            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
                [ 1866131 ] WEAPONBONUS doesn't use a CHOOSE dialog
                <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                func=detail&aid=1866131&group_id=25576&atid=748234>

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Mark St. Thomas" <astromath@...> wrote:

              • Tom Parker
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
                  <drew0500@...> wrote:

                  > If you want a chooser, you need to use a CHOOSE tag, if you want a
                  > bonus, you use a BONUS tag.
                  >
                  > So, CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF| comes to mind, or CHOOSE:STRING|wp1|wp2|wp3

                  CHOOSE:STRING should be used for Strings, not for Weaponprofs. If you
                  intend to "reuse" the result of a CHOOSE in another token (other than
                  something like SA), you should NOT be using STRING.

                  TP.