Re: EQMOD's

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...>
      >> ovka wrote:
      >>The second thing I am looking to do is to add an equipment
      >>modifier
      >>to a weapon and force it to take up a certain equipment slot (e.g.
      >>gauntlet should take up a glove slot). I know that I can use the
      >>tag
      >>SLOTS tag to reduce the availability of a particular body slot, but
      >>the problem with that is that if the slots are already full, I can
      >>still equip the item (i.e. if I am wearing a pair of Gloves of
      >>Dexterity which takes both of my glove slots, I can still put on a
      >>gauntlet, or an item which reduces the glove slot by 1).
      >
      >With the way things are currently set up it's can't be done. The
      >main
      >problem is that the Weapon type is a slot itself and an item can't
      >have
      >more than one slot type or PCGen gets confused.
      >
      >Off the top of my head maybe a new tag to do this job:
      >
      >ALTSLOT:x=y
      >
      >x - Alternate slot name
      >y - Number of slots used
      >
      >What it does: requires that the specified slot is unused when
      >equipping
      >and will fill the specified slot upon equipping the item in addition
      >the standard slot the item occupies.

      Is it possible to go the other way -- say, create a glove item that
      displays a weapon block when equipped? I've been trying to do that,
      but I can't seem to make it work.

      It is possible to create gauntlets out of gloves using equipment
      modifiers, and to use additional equipment modifiers to make those
      gauntlets spiked, locked, masterwork, and/or magical. I just can't
      add them as weapons because they're gloves.

      I *was* able to add an equipment modifier to the appropriate armors
      which added a pair of gauntlets to the character's equipment list
      when the armor was equipped. I haven't been able to make that work
      yet.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
        ovka scribed:

        > Is it possible to go the other way -- say, create a glove item that
        > displays a weapon block when equipped? I've been trying to do that,
        > but I can't seem to make it work.

        No it's not. Any slot type is mutually exclusive to the others. Until we
        separate the function of assigning where something goes from the items type
        we're not going to be able to do this.

        > It is possible to create gauntlets out of gloves using equipment
        > modifiers, and to use additional equipment modifiers to make those
        > gauntlets spiked, locked, masterwork, and/or magical. I just can't
        > add them as weapons because they're gloves.

        That's the crux of the problem.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > ovka scribed:
          >
          > > Is it possible to go the other way -- say, create a glove item that
          > > displays a weapon block when equipped? I've been trying to do that,
          > > but I can't seem to make it work.
          >
          > No it's not. Any slot type is mutually exclusive to the others. Until we
          > separate the function of assigning where something goes from the
          items type
          > we're not going to be able to do this.

          What I do is create two items, the gloves and the "weapon". The gloves
          then AUTO:EQUIP the weapon.
          Foo<other stuff>AUTO:EQUIP|Foo weapon

          The Rod (Epic Might) in the rsrd epic set is done similarly. Note that
          it isn't an exact match as a rod doesn't take an item slot in and of
          itself.