Re: [PCGenListFileHelp][James][CM] Defining custom JEP functions?

  • Ken Coar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
      <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

      > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
      > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
      > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
      > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

      Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
      Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
      the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.

      Oh well..
    • joefrazierjr
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@...> wrote:

        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
        > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
        > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
        > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
        > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.
        >
        > Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
        > Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
        > the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.
        >
        > Oh well..

        "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
        I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
        I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
        it available?"

        Sorry, took your quote above from the original post as you wanting to
        write up the JEP functionality yourself in Java and integrate it into
        the base code.

        Joe
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
          <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
          > > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
          > > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
          > > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use.
          James
          > > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

          It only needs to be built by us if you want us to ship it. If you
          only want to use it for homebrew items, a custom plugin can be placed
          in the directory and work - no need for you to build PCGen from source.

          > "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
          > I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
          > I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
          > it available?"

          Yes, it will become available.

          TP.