Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Help adding conent

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
      Welcome to the pack.

      First go to the root PcGen directory and then double click on
      "navlistindex.html".

      Click on the "Back to table of contents" link at the top. On the next
      screen go to "Frequently Asked Questions" and open "I Want to Help to Make
      Datasets and use Prettylst"

      When you read through that go back to "navlistindex.html" and click on the
      three links there, the first two are nice information, but the "LST File
      Class" you need to work through the lessons, they are out of date and due
      to be updated soon.

      Got a question ask here, I think that the standard ban of not discussing
      closed content has slackened, but its better to be safe and just ask about
      generic things, "I have a ____ (feat, class, effect, ect) that does XYZ,
      but I can/cannot find a tag that covers this and would like some help."

      Terry

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
    • Dennis Baker
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
        Yeah what he said. These guys are awesome and fast at answering questions.

        --
        Dennis Da-Ogre http://ogrehut.com

      • Ken Coar
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
          <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

          > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
          > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
          > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
          > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

          Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
          Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
          the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.

          Oh well..
        • joefrazierjr
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@...> wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
            > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
            > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
            > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
            > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.
            >
            > Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
            > Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
            > the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.
            >
            > Oh well..

            "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
            I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
            I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
            it available?"

            Sorry, took your quote above from the original post as you wanting to
            write up the JEP functionality yourself in Java and integrate it into
            the base code.

            Joe
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
              <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
              > > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
              > > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
              > > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use.
              James
              > > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

              It only needs to be built by us if you want us to ship it. If you
              only want to use it for homebrew items, a custom plugin can be placed
              in the directory and work - no need for you to build PCGen from source.

              > "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
              > I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
              > I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
              > it available?"

              Yes, it will become available.

              TP.