Help adding conent

  • c_j_n@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
      Is there anyone who could walk me through adding
      class, skills, items and spells?

      I got a few people in our gaming group who bought
      additional books, and we sure as heck would like to
      continue using this program to automate all the work
      for us.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
        Welcome to the pack.

        First go to the root PcGen directory and then double click on
        "navlistindex.html".

        Click on the "Back to table of contents" link at the top. On the next
        screen go to "Frequently Asked Questions" and open "I Want to Help to Make
        Datasets and use Prettylst"

        When you read through that go back to "navlistindex.html" and click on the
        three links there, the first two are nice information, but the "LST File
        Class" you need to work through the lessons, they are out of date and due
        to be updated soon.

        Got a question ask here, I think that the standard ban of not discussing
        closed content has slackened, but its better to be safe and just ask about
        generic things, "I have a ____ (feat, class, effect, ect) that does XYZ,
        but I can/cannot find a tag that covers this and would like some help."

        Terry

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
      • Dennis Baker
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          Yeah what he said. These guys are awesome and fast at answering questions.

          --
          Dennis Da-Ogre http://ogrehut.com

        • Ken Coar
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
            <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

            > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
            > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
            > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
            > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

            Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
            Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
            the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.

            Oh well..
          • joefrazierjr
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@...> wrote:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
              > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
              > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
              > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
              > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.
              >
              > Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
              > Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
              > the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.
              >
              > Oh well..

              "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
              I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
              I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
              it available?"

              Sorry, took your quote above from the original post as you wanting to
              write up the JEP functionality yourself in Java and integrate it into
              the base code.

              Joe
            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
                > > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
                > > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
                > > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use.
                James
                > > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

                It only needs to be built by us if you want us to ship it. If you
                only want to use it for homebrew items, a custom plugin can be placed
                in the directory and work - no need for you to build PCGen from source.

                > "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
                > I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
                > I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
                > it available?"

                Yes, it will become available.

                TP.