Re: [PCGenListFileHelp][James][CM] Defining custom JEP functions?

  • joefrazierjr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

      > On 12/31/07, Rodent of Unusual Size <coar@...> wrote:
      > > Our campaign has a custom prestige class that includes some
      > > shapeshifting abilities. If the form being adopted has
      > > fewer native hit dice than the character, the character's
      > > ability scores are maximised with the form's. If the form
      > > has more hit dice than the character, the character's
      > > abilities aren't changed.
      > >
      > > We're handling the different possible adopted forms by defining
      > > them as templates, and the biz with the abilities is done
      > > with some JEP code. Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
      > > I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
      > > I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
      > > it available?
      >
      > I know we Extend the JEP classes with new functions, like var(), etc.
      > I don't know exactly how that is done. Flagging for a Code Monkey.
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
      need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
      packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
      or someone else will be able to provide more information.

      Joe
    • c_j_n@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
        Is there anyone who could walk me through adding
        class, skills, items and spells?

        I got a few people in our gaming group who bought
        additional books, and we sure as heck would like to
        continue using this program to automate all the work
        for us.

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          Welcome to the pack.

          First go to the root PcGen directory and then double click on
          "navlistindex.html".

          Click on the "Back to table of contents" link at the top. On the next
          screen go to "Frequently Asked Questions" and open "I Want to Help to Make
          Datasets and use Prettylst"

          When you read through that go back to "navlistindex.html" and click on the
          three links there, the first two are nice information, but the "LST File
          Class" you need to work through the lessons, they are out of date and due
          to be updated soon.

          Got a question ask here, I think that the standard ban of not discussing
          closed content has slackened, but its better to be safe and just ask about
          generic things, "I have a ____ (feat, class, effect, ect) that does XYZ,
          but I can/cannot find a tag that covers this and would like some help."

          Terry

          --

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

          Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
        • Dennis Baker
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
            Yeah what he said. These guys are awesome and fast at answering questions.

            --
            Dennis Da-Ogre http://ogrehut.com

          • Ken Coar
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
              <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

              > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
              > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
              > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
              > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

              Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
              Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
              the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.

              Oh well..
            • joefrazierjr
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@...> wrote:

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
                > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
                > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
                > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use. James
                > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.
                >
                > Ergh. I'm not building PCGen from source; I'm using the prepackaged
                > Windows stuff. So I was hoping to be able to add something through
                > the equivalent of LST file editing for content addition.
                >
                > Oh well..

                "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
                I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
                I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
                it available?"

                Sorry, took your quote above from the original post as you wanting to
                write up the JEP functionality yourself in Java and integrate it into
                the base code.

                Joe
              • Tom Parker
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                  <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:

                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Coar" <coar@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr"
                  > > <jfrazierjr@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Not sure about extending JEP, but if you add a new plugin, you would
                  > > > need to also add it to pluginbuild.xml and build with ANT so it gets
                  > > > packaged into a jar file and made available for PCGen to use.
                  James
                  > > > or someone else will be able to provide more information.

                  It only needs to be built by us if you want us to ship it. If you
                  only want to use it for homebrew items, a custom plugin can be placed
                  in the directory and work - no need for you to build PCGen from source.

                  > "Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky, so
                  > I was wondering if PCGen supports custom JEP classes? Can
                  > I just put a jar file into the jepplugins directory to make
                  > it available?"

                  Yes, it will become available.

                  TP.