Less than 4 skill points at first level

  • stuartaston
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      Is there a way to add less than 4pts at first level the multiplier seems to always x 4 any thing
      you add, and it seems to have to be an integer?
    • Dennis Baker
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
        Well I'm not on the PCGen team and mostly just lurk here but...

        CLASS:Fighter.MOD<TAB>STARTSKILLPTS:1<TAB>BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER|-3

        Will change the fighter class to start with 1 skill point and advance at one
        per level. STARTSKILLPTS:0 does not work though, there seems to be a
        minimum of 4 starting skill points but the BONUS line will let you overcome
        that. You can use the BONUS:SKILLPOOL tag to arbitrarily set the skill pool
        to any level.

        This might be totally the wrong way to do this... but it does work.

        -- Dennis

        --
        Dennis Da-Ogre http://ogrehut.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
          Hi All,

          Dennis Baker wrote:
          > Well I'm not on the PCGen team and mostly just lurk here but...
          >
          > CLASS:Fighter.MOD<TAB>STARTSKILLPTS:1<TAB>BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER|-3
          >
          > Will change the fighter class to start with 1 skill point and advance at one
          > per level. STARTSKILLPTS:0 does not work though, there seems to be a
          > minimum of 4 starting skill points but the BONUS line will let you overcome
          > that. You can use the BONUS:SKILLPOOL tag to arbitrarily set the skill pool
          > to any level.
          >
          > This might be totally the wrong way to do this... but it does work.
          >
          > -- Dennis

          It works, though I'd prefer if we could use 0. Star Wars Sage Edition
          doesn't use skill points, you get a flat rate, and I'm betting 4e will
          follow the same way. Just something for our coders to uncode or make a
          rule STARSKILLPTS:4|MIN=1 or some such.

          > On Dec 31, 2007 10:24 AM, stuartaston <stuartaston@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Is there a way to add less than 4pts at first level the multiplier seems
          >> to always x 4 any thing
          >> you add, and it seems to have to be an integer?

          --
          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        • stuartaston
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
            Thanks Denis and Andrew, I'll give that a go next year :)

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
              Anyway to do this for a race rather than a class?