Replace one template with another...

  • mrwingate
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2007
      I'm trying to build a template lst file for my Ranger for Living
      Greyhawk (most out of academic curiosity...). As a Rgr he gets to
      become a Stalwart Pines Student or start as a Runner (as background
      training). So, in order to accomplish some of the benefits of being
      a member of Stalwart Pines, I've got the template to add the "SA"'s
      (i.e. +2 circumstance bonus blah, blah).

      One condition to ascend to the next higher level in the org. is to
      have spent time in the lower level. Once he meets the requirements
      for the next level, I want to add it's template, automatically
      removing the previous. E.g.:

      Stalwart Pines Student PREREGION:Duchy of Urnst
      PRESKILL:1,Survival=2 PRERACE:1,Elf (Wood),Elf (High),Elf
      (Wild),Half-Elf,Human (Baklunish),Human (Flan),Human (Oeridian),Human
      (Olman),Human (Rhennee),Human (Suloise),Human (Touv),Human (Seul)
      SA:+2 circumstance on Survival checks made while in the
      Celadon

      Stalwart Pines Runner PREAGESET:Adulthood PREMULT:1,
      [PRETEMPLATE:Stalwart Pines Student],[PREMULT:4,[PRECLASS:1,Ranger=1],
      [PRELEVELMAX:1],[PREREGION:Duchy of Urnst]] Stalwart Pines
      Student.MOD PRETEMPLATE:.CLEAR PRETEMPLATE:Stalwart Pines
      Runner] PRESKILL:1,Handle Animal=2 PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Nature)
      =1 PRESKILL:1,Spot=3 PRESKILL:1,Survival=4 PRERACE:1,Elf
      (Wood),Elf (High),Elf (Wild),Half-Elf,Human (Baklunish),Human
      (Flan),Human (Oeridian),Human (Olman),Human (Rhennee),Human
      (Suloise),Human (Touv),Human (Seul) SA:+2 circumstance bonus to
      Diplomacy and Gather Information checks with natives of the Celadon
      Forest.

      Stalwart Pines Ranger PRETEMPLATE:Stalwart Pines Runner
      PRESKILL:1,Listen,Spot=6 PRESKILL:1,Survival=8
      PREFEAT:1,Animal Companion PRERACE:1,Elf (Wood),Elf
      (High),Elf (Wild),Half-Elf,Human (Baklunish),Human (Flan),Human
      (Oeridian),Human (Olman),Human (Rhennee),Human (Suloise),Human
      (Touv),Human (Seul) SA:+2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy and
      Gather Information checks with natives of the Celadon Forest and
      Rangers. Becomes +3 with Rangers who are natives of the Celadon
      Forest.

      Stalwart Pines Warden PRETEMPLATE:.CLEAR PRETEMPLATE:Stalwart
      Pines Ranger PRESKILL:1,Listen,Spot,Hide,Move Silently=8
      PRESKILL:1,Survival=12 PRESPELL:1,Animal Messenger
      PRERACE:1,Elf (Wood),Elf (High),Elf (Wild),Half-Elf,Human
      (Baklunish),Human (Flan),Human (Oeridian),Human (Olman),Human
      (Rhennee),Human (Suloise),Human (Touv),Human (Seul)
      SA:+4 circumstance
      bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks with Celadon
      natives, Wood Elves, Rangers and memberos of Stalwart Pines (these do
      not stack with each other).

      Stalwart Pines Mentor PRETEMPLATE:.CLEAR PRETEMPLATE:Stalwart
      Pines Warden PRESKILL:1,Survival,Spot=18
      PRESKILL:1,Listen,Hide,Move Silently=12 PREFEAT:1,Improved
      Precise Shot PRESPELL:1,Commune With Nature PRERACE:1,Elf
      (Wood),Elf (High),Elf (Wild),Half-Elf,Human (Baklunish),Human
      (Flan),Human (Oeridian),Human (Olman),Human (Rhennee),Human
      (Suloise),Human (Touv),Human (Seul)
      SA:+2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy
      and Gather Information checks with natives of the Celadon Forest and
      Rangers. Becomes +3 with Rangers who are natives of the Celadon
      Forest.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
        > One condition to ascend to the next higher level in the org. is to
        > have spent time in the lower level. Once he meets the requirements
        > for the next level, I want to add it's template, automatically
        > removing the previous. E.g.:

        It's not going to work they way you're trying to do it. .MOD and .CLEAR are
        load time changes, not run time.

        I would do it with hidden feats and variables myself.

        Barak