Mastery Feats

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
      I'm coding a source that gives feats that grow in effect as the
      character goes up levels. What would be the best way to code a such
      feats?

      for example -

      Whirlwind Attack
      level 3 - attack each foe within reach on a full attack
      level 5 - above plus, each miss grants +1 on remaining attacks
      level 10 - make all of your attacks as a full attack action on each
      foe within reach.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
        Hi Dave,

        Dave wrote:
        > I'm coding a source that gives feats that grow in effect as the
        > character goes up levels. What would be the best way to code a such
        > feats?
        >
        > for example -
        >
        > Whirlwind Attack
        > level 3 - attack each foe within reach on a full attack
        > level 5 - above plus, each miss grants +1 on remaining attacks
        > level 10 - make all of your attacks as a full attack action on each
        > foe within reach.

        Depending on which version you are using ---

        SAB for 5.13.1 +
        SA for 5.12.1

        MyFeat
        DEFINE:WhirlwindLevel|0
        BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:3
        BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:5
        BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:10

        SAB:Attack each foe within reach on a full attack|PREVARET:WhirlwindLevel,1
        SAB:Attack each foe within reach on a full attack; each miss grants +1
        on remaining attack|PREVARET:WhirlwindLevel,2
        SAB:Make all of your attacks as a full attack action on each foe within
        reach.|PREVARET:WhirlwindLevel,3

        Just in case you didn't know... all of the above goes on the same line
        and separated by tabs.

        The more bulky way is
        SAB:Attack each foe within read on a full attack|PRELEVEL:3|!PRELEVEL:5

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2007
          Andrew Maitland wrote:
          > Hi Dave,
          >
          > Dave wrote:
          >
          >> I'm coding a source that gives feats that grow in effect as the
          >> character goes up levels. What would be the best way to code a such
          >> feats?
          >>
          >> for example -
          >>
          >> Whirlwind Attack
          >> level 3 - attack each foe within reach on a full attack
          >> level 5 - above plus, each miss grants +1 on remaining attacks
          >> level 10 - make all of your attacks as a full attack action on each
          >> foe within reach.
          >>

          > Depending on which version you are using ---
          >
          > SAB for 5.13.1 +
          > SA for 5.12.1
          >
          > MyFeat
          > DEFINE:WhirlwindLevel|0
          > BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:3
          > BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:5
          > BONUS:VAR|WhirlwindLevel||1|PRELEVEL:10

          CORRECTION;
          PREVAREQ:WhirlwindLevel,1 not ET... EQ. Teach me to type fast...