[PROPOSAL] Adding spell points to Characters/classes

  • Joe Frazier, Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
      Looking to add spell points to characters.

      In a Class line:

      SPELLPOINTS:x

      Will add directly to the pool for this class.

      SPELLPOINTS:x|y

      Will add either to a pool based on the Spelltype OR a global pool:

      SPELLPOINTS:ALL|10
      SPELLPOINTS:TYPE.Arcane|12

      The first will add the spell points to to a global pool for the
      character, ie, regardless of the classes. These spellpoints are
      cumulative and belong the physical being of the character.

      The second example will add to the pool for the characters SPELLTYPE
      which matches.

      BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|22
      BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|Wizard|8
      BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|Wizard,Sorcerer|8
      BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|TYPE.Arcane|8

      The thought here is on adding support to allow whatever type of
      spellpoint system is needed.

      Joe
    • Joe Frazier, Jr.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
        Opps.. posted to the wrong list

        Joe Frazier, Jr. wrote:
        > Looking to add spell points to characters.
        >
        > In a Class line:
        >
        > SPELLPOINTS:x
        >
        > Will add directly to the pool for this class.
        >
        > SPELLPOINTS:x|y
        >
        > Will add either to a pool based on the Spelltype OR a global pool:
        >
        > SPELLPOINTS:ALL|10
        > SPELLPOINTS:TYPE.Arcane|12
        >
        > The first will add the spell points to to a global pool for the
        > character, ie, regardless of the classes. These spellpoints are
        > cumulative and belong the physical being of the character.
        >
        > The second example will add to the pool for the characters SPELLTYPE
        > which matches.

        > BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|22
        > BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|Wizard|8
        > BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|Wizard,Sorcerer|8
        > BONUS:SPELLPOINTS|TYPE.Arcane|8
        >

        > The thought here is on adding support to allow whatever type of
        > spellpoint system is needed.
        >

        > Joe

      • GastónX
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
          Thanks for the info guys!!!

          Where are this .MOD you talked about?

          This part is not very clear to me, where do i add this? and what is the effect?

          The only method I know of to get the cost of crossclass skills to be the
          same as class is modify the gamemode file currently. But, that affects
          ALL characters, not just the one with the feat.
          So, in that case, you'll need to self-police and use this for now:
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
            GastónX wrote:
            > Thanks for the info guys!!!
            >
            > Where are this .MOD you talked about?
            >
            > This part is not very clear to me, where do i add this? and what is the effect?
            >
            > The only method I know of to get the cost of crossclass skills to be the
            > same as class is modify the gamemode file currently. But, that affects
            > ALL characters, not just the one with the feat.
            > So, in that case, you'll need to self-police and use this for now:
            > CSKILL:TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|TYPE.Constitution|TYPE.Intelligence|TYPE.Wisdom|TYPE.Charisma

            You will want to create your own PCC file and lst files for the type of
            thing you want to modify and load them with the other sources when you
            go to create your character.

            You can view the docs on your machine listing all the tags by going here
            (assuming this is your version.. change as needed)
            :file:///C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/docs/index.html and drill
            down to LIst Files->List File Tag Index.

            Joe