Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [TM] rsrd feats divine list

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
      On 11/7/07, Lachlan MacLean <lachlanmaclean@...> wrote:
      > At 08:38 PM 11/7/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >Lachlan MacLean wrote:
      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > With the knowledge that the OGL is no longer being supported for the
      > > > RSRD files,
      > > > what would be the best method to change how a feat reacts?? The one
      > > > in the RSRD right now is missing one component.
      > > >
      > >That's news to me. I haven't heard any official statements that the OGL
      > >is no longer being supported. Could you please send me the source of
      > >this news?
      >
      > Sorry maybe I got the wording wrong.. WotC has removed their OGL
      > from PCGen no??
      > I could have sworn I saw this on either this list or the PCGen
      > list. Or did I misunderstand??

      Nope, and they _can't_ remove the OGL from it. What they did was not
      renew the CMP license for closed content (non-OGL stuff)

      > My Question is more of where I should do it.
      > Should I do it in the actual RSRD list file which can be over written
      > each install,
      > or can I do it in my own list file that gets loaded but does a .MOD
      > to the original?

      and that feat needs to be fixed (data bug). calling TM: thats in
      srd35/basics/rsrd_feats_divine.lst

      Since this will be fixed soon, you can do it in the RSRD file.
      Normally I suggest making your own so it won't be lost.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
        Tir, I'll have it trackered soon, but CHOOSE has been having issues...
        I'd really like it if Tom could update the code/syntax. Anyways, which
        "CHOOSE" are we using and I'll tackle it?

        --
        -- Andrew Maitland
        Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
          1828084 Energy Substitution NEEDS CHOOSE tag
          <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1828084&group_id=25576&atid=750091>

          Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > On 11/7/07, Lachlan MacLean <lachlanmaclean@...> wrote:

          >>> That's news to me. I haven't heard any official statements that the OGL
          >>> is no longer being supported. Could you please send me the source of
          >>> this news?
          >>>
          >> Sorry maybe I got the wording wrong.. WotC has removed their OGL
          >> from PCGen no??
          >> I could have sworn I saw this on either this list or the PCGen
          >> list. Or did I misunderstand??
          >>

          > Nope, and they _can't_ remove the OGL from it. What they did was not
          > renew the CMP license for closed content (non-OGL stuff)
          >

          >> My Question is more of where I should do it.
          >> Should I do it in the actual RSRD list file which can be over written
          >> each install,
          >> or can I do it in my own list file that gets loaded but does a .MOD
          >> to the original?
          >>

          > and that feat needs to be fixed (data bug). calling TM: thats in
          > srd35/basics/rsrd_feats_divine.lst
          >
          > Since this will be fixed soon, you can do it in the RSRD file.
          > Normally I suggest making your own so it won't be lost.

          --
          -- Andrew Maitland
          Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
            On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:57:44PM -0800, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Tir, I'll have it trackered soon, but CHOOSE has been having issues...
            > I'd really like it if Tom could update the code/syntax. Anyways, which
            > "CHOOSE" are we using and I'll tackle it?

            I suspect that our problems with CHOOSE aren't in the bits that tom's
            been fixing. Tom is�AKAIK�dealing with the input tags. I think
            that the problems are in the code that actually does the choosing.

            The plan is that this code will be *completely* different in 6.0, I
            believe that's why no fixes are currently being done to it. If you
            really, really need something done before 6.0, give me a shout and I'll
            try to see if I can fix it for you.

            andrew
            --
            Sagittarius: (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)
            You've explained over and over that you aren't Siamese twins,
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
              Andrew Wilson wrote:
              > On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:57:44PM -0800, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              >
              >> Tir, I'll have it trackered soon, but CHOOSE has been having issues...
              >> I'd really like it if Tom could update the code/syntax. Anyways, which
              >> "CHOOSE" are we using and I'll tackle it?
              >>

              > I suspect that our problems with CHOOSE aren't in the bits that tom's
              > been fixing. Tom is---AKAIK---dealing with the input tags. I think
              > that the problems are in the code that actually does the choosing.
              >
              > The plan is that this code will be *completely* different in 6.0, I
              > believe that's why no fixes are currently being done to it. If you
              > really, really need something done before 6.0, give me a shout and I'll
              > try to see if I can fix it for you.

              Andrew Wilson, if you can get the choose code to do as documented that
              would be helpful.
              Joe can't complete his EoM set with the chooser as is... And I'm doing
              the AEG - Feats Source and it has some CHOOSE stuff I need to add... So,
              if you can do anything, that'd be awesome.

              --
              -- Andrew Maitland
              Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            • joefrazierjr
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                <drew0500@...> wrote:

                > Andrew Wilson wrote:
                > > On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:57:44PM -0800, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                > >
                > >> Tir, I'll have it trackered soon, but CHOOSE has been having
                issues...
                > >> I'd really like it if Tom could update the code/syntax. Anyways,
                which
                > >> "CHOOSE" are we using and I'll tackle it?
                > >>

                > > I suspect that our problems with CHOOSE aren't in the bits that tom's
                > > been fixing. Tom is---AKAIK---dealing with the input tags. I think
                > > that the problems are in the code that actually does the choosing.
                > >
                > > The plan is that this code will be *completely* different in 6.0, I
                > > believe that's why no fixes are currently being done to it. If you
                > > really, really need something done before 6.0, give me a shout and
                I'll
                > > try to see if I can fix it for you.
                > >
                > Andrew Wilson, if you can get the choose code to do as documented that
                > would be helpful.
                > Joe can't complete his EoM set with the chooser as is... And I'm doing
                > the AEG - Feats Source and it has some CHOOSE stuff I need to add... So,
                > if you can do anything, that'd be awesome.
                > > andrew
                > >

                > --
                > -- Andrew Maitland
                > Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
                > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                For me some of the weirdness seems to revolve about being called from
                an ability file. For exmaple, this:

                Foo
                CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|1
                BONUS:SKILLRANK|LIST|3
                MULT:YES

                works in a feat.lst but not in an ability lst file.

                This does not work at all, from either a feat or an ability:

                bar
                CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|INT|WIS|CHA
                BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|LIST
                VISIBLE:YES
                MULT:YES

                The chooser comes up in both cases, but the bonus never gets applied
                in the latter case regardless of the location. Also, in the latter
                case, I tried all the combinations of LIST, CHOICE, %LIST, and %CHOICE
                to no avail.

                Joe
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                  > This does not work at all, from either a feat or an ability:
                  >
                  > bar
                  > CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|INT|WIS|CHA
                  > BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|LIST
                  > VISIBLE:YES
                  > MULT:YES
                  >
                  > The chooser comes up in both cases, but the bonus never gets applied
                  > in the latter case regardless of the location. Also, in the latter
                  > case, I tried all the combinations of LIST, CHOICE, %LIST, and %CHOICE
                  > to no avail.

                  You want CHOOSE:STAT for this last one.

                • Joe Frazier, Jr.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Tir Gwaith wrote:
                    >> This does not work at all, from either a feat or an ability:
                    >>
                    >> bar
                    >> CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|INT|WIS|CHA
                    >> BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|LIST
                    >> VISIBLE:YES
                    >> MULT:YES
                    >>
                    >> The chooser comes up in both cases, but the bonus never gets applied
                    >> in the latter case regardless of the location. Also, in the latter
                    >> case, I tried all the combinations of LIST, CHOICE, %LIST, and %CHOICE
                    >> to no avail.
                    >>

                    > You want CHOOSE:STAT for this last one.

                    Yea, I tried that also
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                      joefrazierjr wrote:
                      > <SNIP>
                      >
                      > For me some of the weirdness seems to revolve about being called from
                      > an ability file. For exmaple, this:
                      >
                      > Foo
                      > CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|1
                      > BONUS:SKILLRANK|LIST|3
                      > MULT:YES
                      >
                      > works in a feat.lst but not in an ability lst file.
                      >

                      > This does not work at all, from either a feat or an ability:
                      >
                      > bar
                      > CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|INT|WIS|CHA
                      > BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|LIST
                      >
                      > VISIBLE:YES
                      > MULT:YES

                      Joe, did you try the choose in a feat? I can't remember but I think Tir
                      found that choosers worked in feats but not the ability... Another bug
                      perhaps...

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                        Andrew Maitland wrote:
                        > joefrazierjr wrote:
                        >
                        >> <SNIP>
                        >>
                        >> For me some of the weirdness seems to revolve about being called from
                        >> an ability file. For exmaple, this:
                        >>
                        >> Foo
                        >> CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Strength|TYPE.Dexterity|1
                        >> BONUS:SKILLRANK|LIST|3
                        >> MULT:YES
                        >>
                        >> works in a feat.lst but not in an ability lst file.
                        >>

                        >> This does not work at all, from either a feat or an ability:
                        >>
                        >> bar
                        >> CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|INT|WIS|CHA
                        >> BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|LIST
                        >>
                        >> VISIBLE:YES
                        >> MULT:YES
                        >>

                        > Joe, did you try the choose in a feat? I can't remember but I think Tir
                        > found that choosers worked in feats but not the ability... Another bug
                        > perhaps...

                        I seem to think I did since it is in my feats file at the moment. I am
                        fairly sure I tried all the variables via a feat as a test once we
                        figured out that it would not work as an ability.

                        Joe