Re: Reducing chance of arcane failure

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi Tir,

      Should it be

      TYPE:MasterworkQuality.Armor

      or no TYPE statement at all?

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Lachlan MacLean
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
        Hi all,

        I created a template with the following entry:

        House Rule Extra 1 Feat VISIBLE:YES PRECLASS:1,ANY BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
        DESC:.CLEAR DESC:1 Extra Bonus Feat.

        When I add this template to a Level 7 Fighter with the following Feats

        Cleave, Dihard, Endurance, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon
        Focus (Greatsword) and Weapon Specialization (Greatsword)

        the Weapon Specialization goes from black to red saying that the
        "PREVARGTEQ:WeapSpecQualify,1" of WS is no longer valid.

        Anyone know what could cause this??

        Lachlan
      • Lachlan MacLean
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hi again,

          I want to create a new feat that has 4 different types.

          EG: Change Energy Type (acid, cold, fire, electricity)

          How would I code that?

          Then what I also need help with is how to use this feat as a prefeat
          in a class file for a class I have created and the class requires at
          least one of those feats to have been chosen before this new class
          can be allowed.

          Thanks.

          Lachlan
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
            Does this feat only get chosen once or multiple times?

            Your Feat Name
            -The choose tag is being changed to the new syntax, however, several
            people are reporting problems with all variations.
            CHOOSE:STRING|Acid|Cold|Fire|Electricity
            The alternative is
            CHOOSE:Acid|Cold|Fire|Electricity

            MULT:YES
            STACK:NO

            OR

            Your Feat Name ~ Acid
            |OR|
            Your Feat Name (Acid)
            etc.

            Then for the prefeat stuff
            Then to make it easy (if you went with the CHOOSE tag option)
            PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name
            If the class requires a SPECIFIC CHOICE-

            #1 PREFEAT:Your Feat Name(Choice)
            Example:
            PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name(Acid)

            #2 PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name ~ Acid OR (Acid)

            Lachlan MacLean wrote:
            > Hi again,
            >
            > I want to create a new feat that has 4 different types.
            >
            > EG: Change Energy Type (acid, cold, fire, electricity)
            >
            > How would I code that?
            >
            > Then what I also need help with is how to use this feat as a prefeat
            > in a class file for a class I have created and the class requires at
            > least one of those feats to have been chosen before this new class
            > can be allowed.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Lachlan

            -- Andrew Maitland
            Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
              in line...

              Lachlan MacLean wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I created a template with the following entry:
              >
              > House Rule Extra 1 Feat VISIBLE:YES PRECLASS:1,ANY BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
              > DESC:.CLEAR DESC:1 Extra Bonus Feat.

              Why the preclass tag? ANY means everyone qualifies and therefore is
              unneeded in your sample; ANY would be likely a part of PREMULT which
              isn't necessary here.
              Why the DESC:.CLEAR tag?

              To be honest, your entire template can be cut down to this:
              House Rule Extra 1 Feat
              BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
              > When I add this template to a Level 7 Fighter with the following Feats
              >
              > Cleave, Dihard, Endurance, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon
              > Focus (Greatsword) and Weapon Specialization (Greatsword)
              >
              > the Weapon Specialization goes from black to red saying that the
              > "PREVARGTEQ:WeapSpecQualify,1" of WS is no longer valid.
              >
              > Anyone know what could cause this??

              No idea, but he still qualifies, the refresh might have an issue. Also,
              the bonus feat likely won't show unless you "gain" a level. It's much
              easier to just manually add another feat.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
                Thanks Andrew..

                At 09:47 AM 11/2/2007, you wrote:

                >Does this feat only get chosen once or multiple times?

                It can be multiple times... But never the same one twice.. (Ya I
                know, that usually goes without saying..) :)

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                  Since Tir didn't reply...

                  TYPE:Armor

                  Anything else is just extra... - In EQMods - IIRC, TYPE is where it can
                  be applied... So TYPE:Armor mean that it can only be added to Armor.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Just checking in, did this get resolved for you?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 10, 2007
                      Hi Andrew..

                      Donno if you noticed the thing I was attempting here is exactly what
                      I ended up posting again under the topic of "RSRD feats divine list"
                      I was being more generic here thinking it was closed content as the
                      feat came from one of the "complete" books.
                      I wasn't aware it was already in the RSRD when I was creating the
                      character because it never showed up in the feats list.

                      So in essence this thread is resolved.. In Practical, there is a
                      tracker for it now. Thanks..