Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Reducing chance of arcane failure

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2007
      On 10/31/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > Looking at mithral, here is as far as I've gotten. See the code below
      > which I added to my custom eqmod file.
      >
      > I want this new effect to be equivalent to +1 and to be an unnamed
      > bonus (stack with other effects). Using the code below I tried to
      > make a chain shirt that was both LowFail and Mithral...but PCGen
      > would only let me pick one or the other. That is, if I tried
      > to "Create Custom Item" within PCGen, then the program would remove
      > Mithral when I tried to add LowFail.

      Remove TYPE:BaseMaterial - you can only have one of those.

      (and I just stopped there, there might be more problems).

    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hi Tir,

        Should it be

        TYPE:MasterworkQuality.Armor

        or no TYPE statement at all?

        Thanks,
        Allen
      • Lachlan MacLean
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hi all,

          I created a template with the following entry:

          House Rule Extra 1 Feat VISIBLE:YES PRECLASS:1,ANY BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
          DESC:.CLEAR DESC:1 Extra Bonus Feat.

          When I add this template to a Level 7 Fighter with the following Feats

          Cleave, Dihard, Endurance, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon
          Focus (Greatsword) and Weapon Specialization (Greatsword)

          the Weapon Specialization goes from black to red saying that the
          "PREVARGTEQ:WeapSpecQualify,1" of WS is no longer valid.

          Anyone know what could cause this??

          Lachlan
        • Lachlan MacLean
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
            Hi again,

            I want to create a new feat that has 4 different types.

            EG: Change Energy Type (acid, cold, fire, electricity)

            How would I code that?

            Then what I also need help with is how to use this feat as a prefeat
            in a class file for a class I have created and the class requires at
            least one of those feats to have been chosen before this new class
            can be allowed.

            Thanks.

            Lachlan
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
              Does this feat only get chosen once or multiple times?

              Your Feat Name
              -The choose tag is being changed to the new syntax, however, several
              people are reporting problems with all variations.
              CHOOSE:STRING|Acid|Cold|Fire|Electricity
              The alternative is
              CHOOSE:Acid|Cold|Fire|Electricity

              MULT:YES
              STACK:NO

              OR

              Your Feat Name ~ Acid
              |OR|
              Your Feat Name (Acid)
              etc.

              Then for the prefeat stuff
              Then to make it easy (if you went with the CHOOSE tag option)
              PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name
              If the class requires a SPECIFIC CHOICE-

              #1 PREFEAT:Your Feat Name(Choice)
              Example:
              PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name(Acid)

              #2 PREFEAT:1,Your Feat Name ~ Acid OR (Acid)

              Lachlan MacLean wrote:
              > Hi again,
              >
              > I want to create a new feat that has 4 different types.
              >
              > EG: Change Energy Type (acid, cold, fire, electricity)
              >
              > How would I code that?
              >
              > Then what I also need help with is how to use this feat as a prefeat
              > in a class file for a class I have created and the class requires at
              > least one of those feats to have been chosen before this new class
              > can be allowed.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Lachlan

              -- Andrew Maitland
              Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
                in line...

                Lachlan MacLean wrote:
                > Hi all,
                >
                > I created a template with the following entry:
                >
                > House Rule Extra 1 Feat VISIBLE:YES PRECLASS:1,ANY BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
                > DESC:.CLEAR DESC:1 Extra Bonus Feat.

                Why the preclass tag? ANY means everyone qualifies and therefore is
                unneeded in your sample; ANY would be likely a part of PREMULT which
                isn't necessary here.
                Why the DESC:.CLEAR tag?

                To be honest, your entire template can be cut down to this:
                House Rule Extra 1 Feat
                BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1
                > When I add this template to a Level 7 Fighter with the following Feats
                >
                > Cleave, Dihard, Endurance, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness, Weapon
                > Focus (Greatsword) and Weapon Specialization (Greatsword)
                >
                > the Weapon Specialization goes from black to red saying that the
                > "PREVARGTEQ:WeapSpecQualify,1" of WS is no longer valid.
                >
                > Anyone know what could cause this??

                No idea, but he still qualifies, the refresh might have an issue. Also,
                the bonus feat likely won't show unless you "gain" a level. It's much
                easier to just manually add another feat.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
                  Thanks Andrew..

                  At 09:47 AM 11/2/2007, you wrote:

                  >Does this feat only get chosen once or multiple times?

                  It can be multiple times... But never the same one twice.. (Ya I
                  know, that usually goes without saying..) :)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                    Since Tir didn't reply...

                    TYPE:Armor

                    Anything else is just extra... - In EQMods - IIRC, TYPE is where it can
                    be applied... So TYPE:Armor mean that it can only be added to Armor.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 9, 2007
                      Just checking in, did this get resolved for you?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 10, 2007
                        Hi Andrew..

                        Donno if you noticed the thing I was attempting here is exactly what
                        I ended up posting again under the topic of "RSRD feats divine list"
                        I was being more generic here thinking it was closed content as the
                        feat came from one of the "complete" books.
                        I wasn't aware it was already in the RSRD when I was creating the
                        character because it never showed up in the feats list.

                        So in essence this thread is resolved.. In Practical, there is a
                        tracker for it now. Thanks..