Use of this Forum

  • bulldozer3ca
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1 1:18 PM
      Hi,

      I was wandering what is exactly the use of this Forum ?

      Is it to allow a "paramecium" like me to evolve to a higher level ?

      Or is it only to debug stuff from higher Primates ?

      Thanks,
      Bulldozer

      PS: An other question: Can I add some of the stuff I made to the
      Official Release (if so, how?)
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1 1:27 PM

        Well, you type messages, you respond to messages. :p

        Seriously, yes it is for the ‘evolution’ of paramecium’s into primates as well as primates to scale the evolutionary ladder as well… hrmm… this has a disturbing trend to it… I like that. ;p  But anyway, it’s for discussion, teaching, learning the hows/whys/whatthef’s of list files. J  I might have the cool spiffy title, but there’s still a lot about some of the list files I don’t get myself (like races, sigh)… so it’s kind of a free for all in here… mainly to take some of the list file traffic from PCGen’s group so it can focus more on bugs, features, and how to of using the program… Consider this a ‘Specializaed’ yahoo group (focus on the SPECIAL (ed) part of this group. J)

        As for your stuff, is it custom made for your campaign use, or is it from a d20 publisher (Net based or hard copy is acceptable).  If it’s a d20 publisher, then you can post your files (please zip em) into PCGen’s files section in the yahoo group so someone can go over them… once they’re tested, then we’ll drop em in the official releases. J

        Mynex

        - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless One

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1 1:38 PM
          This list i took it would be to help debunk the lst and pcc files as
          well as help in creating better docs for PCGen and the apps
          associated with them.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
          > Well, you type messages, you respond to messages. :p
          >
          > Seriously, yes it is for the 'evolution' of paramecium's into
          primates
          > as well as primates to scale the evolutionary ladder as well. hrmm.
          this
          > has a disturbing trend to it. I like that. ;p But anyway, it's for
          > discussion, teaching, learning the hows/whys/whatthef's of list
          files.
          > :-) I might have the cool spiffy title, but there's still a lot
          about
          > some of the list files I don't get myself (like races, sigh). so
          it's
          > kind of a free for all in here. mainly to take some of the list file
          > traffic from PCGen's group so it can focus more on bugs, features,
          and
          > how to of using the program. Consider this a 'Specializaed' yahoo
          group
          > (focus on the SPECIAL (ed) part of this group. :-))
          >
          > As for your stuff, is it custom made for your campaign use, or is it
          > from a d20 publisher (Net based or hard copy is acceptable). If
          it's a
          > d20 publisher, then you can post your files (please zip em) into
          PCGen's
          > files section in the yahoo group so someone can go over them. once
          > they're tested, then we'll drop em in the official releases. :-)
          >
          > Mynex
          > - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The
          Sleepless One

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215839.1778785.3296727.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
          05
          > 334764:HM/A=868539/R=0/*http:/zappos.zappos.com/bin/zapposset?
          ref=yahoog
          > roups2>
          >

          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
          M=215839.1778785.3296727.1261774/D=egrou
          > pmail/S=1705334764:HM/A=868539/rand=501933002>

        • bulldozer3ca
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1 2:03 PM
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
            > As for your stuff, is it custom made for your campaign use, or is it
            > from a d20 publisher (Net based or hard copy is acceptable).
            > If it's a d20 publisher, then you can post your files
            > (please zip em) into PCGen's files section in the yahoo group so
            > someone can go over them. once they're tested, then we'll drop em
            > in the official releases. :-)
            >
            > Mynex

            Well, I have made 2 things:

            1 - a csheet nammed csheetBP (already posted on the other forum files)
            Two persons commented about it (but I don't know if anybody is using
            it other than my group)

            2 - a PCC/LST containing a (mainly monk) prestige class made by
            Michael Hammes and published by Scrollworks Press, which I found on
            the internet (http://home.cfl.rr.com/dsmdm/).
            I don't have asked the permission to use it, but from what is said on
            his website, it seems to be OK to use it (but I will ask his blessing
            if you say it can be added officially to PCGen).

            I started doing it yesterday, because I would like to use this
            Prestige (and to see if I could do it).
            It is loading OK and "almost" doing what I want.

            That's were you could help me a bit.

            Bulldozer
          • Mynex
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1 4:00 PM
              Well, then you have the right spot. :)

              What's the problem with the class? And what's it supposed to do that's
              it not?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 1 4:03 PM
                Well, I have no problem doing that here as well, but I suppose that
                would be up to Bryan if he wanted us to handle that here as well... At
                least for official release stuff... unofficial/custom/home brew by all
                means I want to handle here...

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 1 4:51 PM
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
                  > Well, then you have the right spot. :)
                  >
                  > What's the problem with the class? And what's it supposed to do
                  > that's it not?
                  >
                  > Mynex

                  Thanks for helping me,

                  Here are my 3 problems:

                  Unarmed Attack Bonus Progression:
                  Needed: Level 1 = +1, Level 2 = +2, etc. (+1 for each level)
                  Now: Level 0 = +0, Level 2 = +1, etc. (+1 for each level)

                  Unarmed Attack Attack Progression:
                  Needed: Added to Monk (Monk + Peaceful Hand Disciple Levels)
                  Now: Seems to be 3 levels less than sum of both

                  Fort/Ref/Will Saves Progression:
                  Needed: Level 1 and 2 = +2, Level 3 and 4 = +3, etc. (+1 for
                  each 2 levels)

                  Now: Level 1 = +2, Level 2 and 3 = +3, etc. (+1 for each 2
                  levels)

                  I had some feat dependencies problems but figured them out (Evasion
                  is a PRESA, not a PREFEAT)

                  By the way, what is the difference between a Feat and Special
                  Ability ?
                  (The only differences that I saw in PCGen was for the "+%|1" thing,
                  which is neat, but what is the difference in D&D ?)

                  Who approves the stuff to be in the Official Release ?
                  How are the stuff submitted for approval ?

                  Thanks,
                  Bulldozer
                  The paramecium full of questions
                • Mynex
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 1 5:29 PM
                    Okay.. 1st the attack/save progressions for a single class is not a
                    problem.. I'll figure out the DEFINE statement you'll need and let you
                    know... combining the 2 class attack progressions together I don't think
                    is possible, but I'll look into it.

                    Difference between feats and special abilities... hrmm.. well, anyone
                    can get feats, but Special abilities are racial & class dependant...
                    that's not all the differences, but that's it in a nutshell.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 1 5:42 PM
                      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:
                      > combining the 2 class attack progressions together I don't think
                      > is possible, but I'll look into it.

                      I copied the attack progression of the "Drunken Master" from "Wotc -
                      Sword and Fist".

                      From memory, I tought that it did, but all I can see in the book
                      is "Base Attack Bonus: None that, like a monk, a drunken master makes
                      unarmed iterative attacks at a -3 penality, not the usual -5
                      penality".

                      This could explain the current base attack behaviour.

                      Bulldozer