PREVAR Question

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hi Folks!

      Does the PREVAR tag take a formula as the last argument?

      i.e. Is the following legal?

      PREVARgteq:MyVariable,TL-2

      I've checks the docs and it doesn't say anything about formulas so
      I'm thinking I'm out of luck . . .

      Eric
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
        Oops! Assume the gteq is all CAPS in my lst code . .. :-)

        On Oct 8, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > Does the PREVAR tag take a formula as the last argument?
        >
        > i.e. Is the following legal?
        >
        > PREVARgteq:MyVariable,TL-2
        >
        > I've checks the docs and it doesn't say anything about formulas so
        > I'm thinking I'm out of luck . . .
        >
        > Eric

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
          Eric C Smith wrote:
          > Hi Folks!
          >
          > Does the PREVAR tag take a formula as the last argument?
          >
          > i.e. Is the following legal?
          >
          > PREVARgteq:MyVariable,TL-2
          >
          > I've checks the docs and it doesn't say anything about formulas so
          > I'm thinking I'm out of luck . . .
          >
          > Eric

          I think it does. I could be wrong but I think the first argument takes
          formulas as well,
          so PREVARGTEQ:TL-2,MyVariable

          is also legal (but don't take my word, test it :-)
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
            > I think it does. I could be wrong but I think the first argument takes
            > formulas as well,
            > so PREVARGTEQ:TL-2,MyVariable
            >
            > is also legal (but don't take my word, test it :-)

            Take my word on it (I use it a LOT).

            PREVARxxx is a comma delimited set of formula pairs that are checked.

            PREVARblah:A1,A2,X1,X2 (etc.)

            formula A1 and A2 are evaluated, and compared with the blah function
            formula X1 and X2 are evaluated, and compared with the blah function
            All pair comparisons have to be TRUE for the PREVAR to pass.