Pre-defined variable question

  • Mark St. Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2007
      Is there a pre-defined variable for armor class bonus? I'm trying to
      create Feat/Spell/Template that adds damage reduction that is based on
      the armor class bonus of the armor that the character is wearing.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2007
        Mark St. Thomas scribed:

        > Is there a pre-defined variable for armor class bonus? I'm trying to
        > create Feat/Spell/Template that adds damage reduction that is based on
        > the armor class bonus of the armor that the character is wearing.

        You can sometimes use an outputsheet token as a variable in LST. You should
        never do that if what you use it in will adjust the value as it creates a
        circular loop, since you want it to adjust DR you should be OK. In general
        we try and avoid using tokens this way but if there is no LST variable
        available...

        What you want is: var("AC.Armor")

        Returns the AC bonus for type Armor. Note: this includes any AC bonus of
        type armor which can be also granted from objects other than Armor, such as
        Bracers of Defense for example.

        If you want the ac bonus from just actual armor worn try:

        var("ARMOR.EQUIPPED.0.TOTALAC")

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin