Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: FW: Dieties with more than one priesthood

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
      arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
      > in my_dieties I added:
      > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
      > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
      > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]

      Syntax typo with PREVAR, you need to use comma's to separate the
      variable and the target value:

      PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
        Barak wrote:
        > > in my_dieties I added:
        > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
        > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
        > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
        > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
        >
        > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
        >
        > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
        > pipes.
        >
        > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

        Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
        incorrect syntax in the deity file.

        Maredudd
      • Ginneken,Arjan A.C.A. van
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
          Barak wrote:
          > > in my_dieties I added:
          > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
          > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
          > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
          > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
          >
          > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
          >
          > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
          > pipes.
          >
          > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

          Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
          incorrect syntax in the deity file.

          No problem. It seems to be working rather better now :) I cannot get the creation domain to work. Until I found out the creation domain doesn't exist. O well.

          Just one last question. Since the feats which contain the priesthood var are set to VISIBLE=NO it is inpossible to see the choosen feat (and thus the priesthood) on a character sheet. Is this correct? It is also impossinble to change the feat as soon as it is choosen. Right?

          Thanx a lot everyone.
          Regards,
          Arjan

          Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

          http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

          The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
            On 10/4/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
            > Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
            > Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.
            >
            > In my_class.lst I added:
            > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
            >
            > And I get error:
            > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
            > instead in file
            >
            > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

            CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0

            Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
            you are trying to do.

            > in my_dieties I added:
            > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
            > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
            > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
            > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
            >
            > And got an error:
            > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
            > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
            > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
            > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
            > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
            > even)

            PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

            PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
            (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
            But to use your PREMULT:

            PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

            Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
            might try using more than one VAR.

          • arjan_van_ginneken
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
              <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

              > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
              >
              > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
              >
              > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
              > you are trying to do.

              Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
              getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
              it a bit. Bad idea.

              By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
              readability sake?

              > > And got an error:
              > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
              > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
              > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
              > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
              > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
              > > even)
              >
              > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
              >
              > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
              > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

              Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
              The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
              priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
              priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
              exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

              > But to use your PREMULT:
              >
              > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
              >
              > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
              > might try using more than one VAR.

              Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
              beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
              code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

              This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
              priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
              works quite nicely at the moment.

              Regards,
              Arjan
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                On 10/5/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                >

                > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
                > >
                > > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                > >
                > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                > > you are trying to do.
                >
                > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
                > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
                > it a bit. Bad idea.
                >
                > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
                > readability sake?

                Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric.MOD).
                That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have
                a .MOD on the second line.

                > > > And got an error:
                > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                > > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                > > > even)
                > >
                > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
                > >
                > > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
                >
                > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
                > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
                > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
                > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
                > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.
                >
                > > But to use your PREMULT:
                > >
                > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
                > >
                > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                > > might try using more than one VAR.
                >
                > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
                > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
                > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBlah|1
                BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfFoo|1
                BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBar|1
                You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.
                For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or
                Foo (like your current 1 and 2):
                PREVARGTEQ:PriesthoodOfBlah+PriesthoodOfFoo,1

                (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                > works quite nicely at the moment.

                Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each
                Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and
                PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC
                follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the
                PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and
                Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                  Hi Arjan,

                  On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                  > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                  > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                  > works quite nicely at the moment.

                  That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                  it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                  Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                  and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                  added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                  Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                  houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                  allow a more generic cleric . . .

                  Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                  Monkey God
                  ALIGN:TN
                  PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                  DEITYWEAPON:Pile of Poo
                  DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                  DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                  [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                  DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                  [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                  DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                  [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                  ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                  etc.

                  Feat File:
                  Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                  VISIBLE:NO
                  TYPE:Priesthood
                  !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                  etc.

                  Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                  VISIBLE:NO
                  TYPE:Priesthood
                  !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                  etc.

                  Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                  VISIBLE:NO
                  TYPE:Priesthood
                  !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                  etc.

                  Priesthood of the Monkey
                  VISIBLE:NO
                  TYPE:Priesthood
                  !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                  etc.

                  Maredudd
                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                    Hi Arjan,

                    I tweeked it again to resolve a couple of loopholes, and another typo
                    that was slipping through . .. (DEITYWEAPON should be DEITYWEAP)

                    On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                    > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                    > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                    > works quite nicely at the moment.

                    That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                    it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                    Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                    and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                    added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                    Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                    houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                    allow a more generic cleric . . .

                    Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                    Monkey God
                    ALIGN:TN
                    PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                    DEITYWEAP:Pile of Poo
                    DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                    DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                    DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                    DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                    ADD:FEAT|Priesthood of the Code Monkey,Priesthood of the Data
                    Monkey,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey,Priesthood of the Monkey
                    etc.

                    Feat File:
                    Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Maredudd
                  • Brian Ackermann
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                      Sweet!

                      I've been wondering about that for a little while now...I find going 'vertical' much easier than 'horizontal'.

                      Brian

                      > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

                      > > CLASS:Cleric. MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood| 0

                      > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what

                      > > you are trying to do.

                      > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where

                      > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten

                      > it a bit. Bad idea.

                      > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for

                      > readability sake?

                      Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric. MOD).

                      That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have

                      a .MOD on the second line.

                      > > > And got an error:

                      > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%

                      > > > 20Files/PCGen/ PCGen5121/ data/my_dataset/ my_deities. lst line 7: Can

                      > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[ PREVAREQ: Priesthood' : Can not

                      > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo ': Unable to parse

                      > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo '. Incorrect parameter count (must be

                      > > > even)

                      > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

                      > > PREVARGTEQ:Priestho od,1

                      > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

                      > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.

                      > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain

                      > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other

                      > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be

                      > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

                      > > But to use your PREMULT:

                      > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ :Priesthood, 1],[PREVAREQ: Priesthood, 2]

                      > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you

                      > > might try using more than one VAR.

                      > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just

                      > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing

                      > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                      For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                      BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBlah|1

                      BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfFoo|1

                      BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBar|1

                      You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.

                      For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or

                      Foo (like your current 1 and 2):

                      PREVARGTEQ:Priestho odOfBlah+ PriesthoodOfFoo, 1

                      (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                      > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple

                      > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it

                      > works quite nicely at the moment.

                      Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each

                      Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and

                      PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC

                      follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the

                      PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and

                      Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

                      <!--

                      #ygrp-mkp{
                      #ygrp-mkp hr{
                      border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}