RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: FW: Dieties with more than one priesthood

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
      > In my_class.lst I added:
      > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
      > And I get error:
      > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
      > instead in file

      Needs to be CLASS:Cleric.MOD

      > in my_dieties I added:
      > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
      > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
      > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
      > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood

      > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?

      You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
      pipes.

      PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

      Barak
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
        arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
        > in my_dieties I added:
        > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
        > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
        > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]

        Syntax typo with PREVAR, you need to use comma's to separate the
        variable and the target value:

        PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
          Barak wrote:
          > > in my_dieties I added:
          > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
          > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
          > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
          > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
          >
          > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
          >
          > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
          > pipes.
          >
          > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

          Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
          incorrect syntax in the deity file.

          Maredudd
        • Ginneken,Arjan A.C.A. van
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
            Barak wrote:
            > > in my_dieties I added:
            > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
            > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
            > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
            > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
            >
            > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
            >
            > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
            > pipes.
            >
            > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

            Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
            incorrect syntax in the deity file.

            No problem. It seems to be working rather better now :) I cannot get the creation domain to work. Until I found out the creation domain doesn't exist. O well.

            Just one last question. Since the feats which contain the priesthood var are set to VISIBLE=NO it is inpossible to see the choosen feat (and thus the priesthood) on a character sheet. Is this correct? It is also impossinble to change the feat as soon as it is choosen. Right?

            Thanx a lot everyone.
            Regards,
            Arjan

            Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

            http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

            The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
              On 10/4/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
              > Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
              > Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.
              >
              > In my_class.lst I added:
              > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
              >
              > And I get error:
              > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
              > instead in file
              >
              > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

              CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0

              Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
              you are trying to do.

              > in my_dieties I added:
              > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
              > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
              > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
              > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
              >
              > And got an error:
              > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
              > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
              > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
              > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
              > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
              > even)

              PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

              PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
              (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
              But to use your PREMULT:

              PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

              Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
              might try using more than one VAR.

            • arjan_van_ginneken
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
                >
                > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                >
                > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                > you are trying to do.

                Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
                getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
                it a bit. Bad idea.

                By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
                readability sake?

                > > And got an error:
                > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                > > even)
                >
                > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
                >
                > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

                Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
                The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
                priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
                priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
                exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

                > But to use your PREMULT:
                >
                > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
                >
                > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                > might try using more than one VAR.

                Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
                beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
                code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                works quite nicely at the moment.

                Regards,
                Arjan
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                  On 10/5/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                  > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
                  > >
                  > > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                  > >
                  > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                  > > you are trying to do.
                  >
                  > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
                  > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
                  > it a bit. Bad idea.
                  >
                  > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
                  > readability sake?

                  Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric.MOD).
                  That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have
                  a .MOD on the second line.

                  > > > And got an error:
                  > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                  > > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                  > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                  > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                  > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                  > > > even)
                  > >
                  > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
                  > >
                  > > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                  > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
                  >
                  > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
                  > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
                  > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
                  > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
                  > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.
                  >
                  > > But to use your PREMULT:
                  > >
                  > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
                  > >
                  > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                  > > might try using more than one VAR.
                  >
                  > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
                  > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
                  > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                  For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBlah|1
                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfFoo|1
                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBar|1
                  You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.
                  For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or
                  Foo (like your current 1 and 2):
                  PREVARGTEQ:PriesthoodOfBlah+PriesthoodOfFoo,1

                  (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                  > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                  > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                  > works quite nicely at the moment.

                  Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each
                  Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and
                  PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC
                  follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the
                  PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and
                  Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                    Hi Arjan,

                    On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                    > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                    > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                    > works quite nicely at the moment.

                    That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                    it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                    Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                    and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                    added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                    Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                    houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                    allow a more generic cleric . . .

                    Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                    Monkey God
                    ALIGN:TN
                    PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                    DEITYWEAPON:Pile of Poo
                    DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                    DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                    DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                    DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                    ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Feat File:
                    Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Priesthood of the Monkey
                    VISIBLE:NO
                    TYPE:Priesthood
                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                    etc.

                    Maredudd
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                      Hi Arjan,

                      I tweeked it again to resolve a couple of loopholes, and another typo
                      that was slipping through . .. (DEITYWEAPON should be DEITYWEAP)

                      On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                      > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                      > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                      > works quite nicely at the moment.

                      That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                      it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                      Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                      and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                      added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                      Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                      houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                      allow a more generic cleric . . .

                      Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                      Monkey God
                      ALIGN:TN
                      PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                      DEITYWEAP:Pile of Poo
                      DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                      DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                      DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                      DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                      ADD:FEAT|Priesthood of the Code Monkey,Priesthood of the Data
                      Monkey,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey,Priesthood of the Monkey
                      etc.

                      Feat File:
                      Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                      VISIBLE:NO
                      TYPE:Priesthood
                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                      etc.

                      Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                      VISIBLE:NO
                      TYPE:Priesthood
                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                      etc.

                      Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                      VISIBLE:NO
                      TYPE:Priesthood
                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                      etc.

                      Priesthood of the Monkey
                      VISIBLE:NO
                      TYPE:Priesthood
                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                      etc.

                      Maredudd
                    • Brian Ackermann
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                        Sweet!

                        I've been wondering about that for a little while now...I find going 'vertical' much easier than 'horizontal'.

                        Brian

                        > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

                        > > CLASS:Cleric. MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood| 0

                        > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what

                        > > you are trying to do.

                        > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where

                        > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten

                        > it a bit. Bad idea.

                        > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for

                        > readability sake?

                        Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric. MOD).

                        That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have

                        a .MOD on the second line.

                        > > > And got an error:

                        > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%

                        > > > 20Files/PCGen/ PCGen5121/ data/my_dataset/ my_deities. lst line 7: Can

                        > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[ PREVAREQ: Priesthood' : Can not

                        > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo ': Unable to parse

                        > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo '. Incorrect parameter count (must be

                        > > > even)

                        > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

                        > > PREVARGTEQ:Priestho od,1

                        > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

                        > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.

                        > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain

                        > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other

                        > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be

                        > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

                        > > But to use your PREMULT:

                        > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ :Priesthood, 1],[PREVAREQ: Priesthood, 2]

                        > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you

                        > > might try using more than one VAR.

                        > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just

                        > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing

                        > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                        For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBlah|1

                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfFoo|1

                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBar|1

                        You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.

                        For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or

                        Foo (like your current 1 and 2):

                        PREVARGTEQ:Priestho odOfBlah+ PriesthoodOfFoo, 1

                        (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                        > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple

                        > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it

                        > works quite nicely at the moment.

                        Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each

                        Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and

                        PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC

                        follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the

                        PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and

                        Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

                        <!--

                        #ygrp-mkp{
                        #ygrp-mkp hr{
                        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}