Re: [pcgen] Help With New Item

  • Brian J. Ackermann
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
      <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

      > Ok, grab the basic item stuff (TYPE:Magic.Wondrous or whatever, the
      > COST, etc.) and put that in. LOTs of examples in the RSRD.
      >
      > > Healing Net
      > >
      > > It adds +1 competancy bonus (Caster Level) to any of your healing
      > > spells, plus as you are a cleric you can use the net at it's
      current CL
      > > of 7 and add +1. So in your hands it would always be a 8th lvl CL
      item,
      > > and it always makes your healing spells one caster level higher.
      >
      > Ok, breaking that into two parts:
      >
      > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|SUBSCHOOL.Healing|1
      >
      > That part is good. :)
      >
      > For the minimum CL for the item, that only matters for spells in the
      > next part, so we'll need this formula (and you'll see where this goes
      > later). 7+(var("CL=Cleric")>=1)
      >
      > > In addition...
      > >
      > > Heal 3/day
      > > Remove Disease 1/day
      > > Remove Blindness/Deafness 1/day
      > > Remove Poison 1/day
      > > Slow Poison 5/day
      > > Raise Dead 1/month
      >
      > This would be _very_ easy except for the Raise Dead. We don't have a
      > way to easily list Times other than /day. (Spec'd out, just not
      > implemented.)
      >
      > So, for Raise Dead, the best we can do is SPROP:Raise Dead 1/month
      > stinks, but that's really all we can do. For the rest, we can use
      SPELLS tag.

      > SPELLS:Healing Net|CASTERLEVEL=7+(var("CL=Cleric")>=1)|TIMES=3|Heal,20
      > SPELLS:Healing Net|CASTERLEVEL=7+(var("CL=Cleric")>=1)|TIMES=1|Remove
      > Disease|Remove Blindness/Deafness|Remove Poison
      > SPELLS:Healing Net|CASTERLEVEL=7+(var("CL=Cleric")>=1)|TIMES=5|Slow
      Poison

      > You can add the DCs to the spells other than Heal, but since they
      > aren't really used offensively, it wasn't worth my time to remember or
      > look up the different spell levels for those. :p I put the DC for
      > Heal @ 10+7 (Spell level) + 3 (minimum stat bonus for someone able to
      > cast the spell). Your DM's Milage May Vary. :)
      >

      > That should do it. :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      Well, I finally got around to doing this, and its going better than I
      might have thought it might, what with adding a new PCC file for the
      campaign, and adding this item to its equipment list. At first, I
      thought it wasn't working, and then I decided to try 'Equipping' the
      item, instead of merely carrying it, and 'Voila!' it works....

      Sort of.

      Actually, its perfect, but that it appears that the 'Slow Poison' and
      'Remove Poison' aren't listed. There must be something wrong with it,
      but I could'nt say what.

      I'm going to fool with it a bit and see if I can make a lucky guess.
      If anyone has an idea to guide & direct me, I'd be quite overjoyed.

      Thanks so much!

      brian
    • Brian J. Ackermann
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
        Ahh...

        The problem seems to be that there IS no Remove Poison or Slow Poison
        spell...at least not for DIVINE magic, hrm...nope, not for ARCANE
        magic either.

        Hrm...

        Well, for now, I think I'll just SPROP those two as well. Need to
        figure out whats going on with these abilities

        :)

        Thanks for listening

        Brian
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
          TRY
          Delay Poison
          &
          Neutralize Poison

          Brian J. Ackermann wrote:
          > Ahh...
          >
          > The problem seems to be that there IS no Remove Poison or Slow Poison
          > spell...at least not for DIVINE magic, hrm...nope, not for ARCANE
          > magic either.
          >
          > Hrm...
          >
          > Well, for now, I think I'll just SPROP those two as well. Need to
          > figure out whats going on with these abilities
          >
          > :)
          >
          > Thanks for listening
          >
          > Brian

          -- Andrew Maitland
          Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        • Brian Ackermann
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
            Yep...I was just coming back to report that very thing

            Its all working peachy now...

            Thanks all!

            Brian

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
              On 10/2/07, Brian Ackermann <brianjackermann@...> wrote:
              > Yep...I was just coming back to report that very thing
              >
              > Its all working peachy now...
              >
              > Thanks all!

              Very Welcome!