Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Ferocity spell help

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
      KISS Method:
      Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
      PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
      temporary bonus.

      BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
      PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.

      Mark St. Thomas wrote:
      > I'm trying to create a spell that simulates some creatures
      > extraordinary ability of ferocity, but with a twist. While between -1
      > and -9 hit points the creature gains a +x enhancement bonus to
      > Strength. I'm looking for something like BONUS:STAT|STR|x|PREHP:-1,-
      > 9. The problem is that PREHP doesn't work that way. Any ideas? Or
      > should I wait for an update that reconfigures PREHP to take a range
      > instead of a minimum? Right now, I'm just putting it into the spell
      > description field.

      -- Andrew Maitland
      Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
        Sorry, I meant make the bonus in the spell OR a template, use the
        PREAPPLY tag in either and apply the bonus when it's appropriate.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
          On 10/2/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > KISS Method:
          > Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
          > PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
          > temporary bonus.

          Better, just use the PREAPPLY:ANYPC in the spell. No need to create
          another object.

          > BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
          > PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.

          When did that start? That explains some things. I'm going to have to
          test that. (I've got a number with PREMEMORIZE:NO in them - users
          with limited Known spells get a bonus just for knowing the spell).

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
            Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > On 10/2/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >> KISS Method:
            >> Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
            >> PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
            >> temporary bonus.
            >>

            > Better, just use the PREAPPLY:ANYPC in the spell. No need to create
            > another object.

            I corrected myself - I was writing in a hurry... Screaming baby tends to
            be distracting...

            >> BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
            >> PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.
            >>

            > When did that start? That explains some things. I'm going to have to
            > test that. (I've got a number with PREMEMORIZE:NO in them - users
            > with limited Known spells get a bonus just for knowing the spell).

            I don't know when, I just know for personal experience it doesn't work.