Ferocity spell help

  • Mark St. Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
      I'm trying to create a spell that simulates some creatures
      extraordinary ability of ferocity, but with a twist. While between -1
      and -9 hit points the creature gains a +x enhancement bonus to
      Strength. I'm looking for something like BONUS:STAT|STR|x|PREHP:-1,-
      9. The problem is that PREHP doesn't work that way. Any ideas? Or
      should I wait for an update that reconfigures PREHP to take a range
      instead of a minimum? Right now, I'm just putting it into the spell
      description field.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
        KISS Method:
        Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
        PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
        temporary bonus.

        BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
        PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.

        Mark St. Thomas wrote:
        > I'm trying to create a spell that simulates some creatures
        > extraordinary ability of ferocity, but with a twist. While between -1
        > and -9 hit points the creature gains a +x enhancement bonus to
        > Strength. I'm looking for something like BONUS:STAT|STR|x|PREHP:-1,-
        > 9. The problem is that PREHP doesn't work that way. Any ideas? Or
        > should I wait for an update that reconfigures PREHP to take a range
        > instead of a minimum? Right now, I'm just putting it into the spell
        > description field.

        -- Andrew Maitland
        Data Gibbon, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Lemur
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
          Sorry, I meant make the bonus in the spell OR a template, use the
          PREAPPLY tag in either and apply the bonus when it's appropriate.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
            On 10/2/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            > KISS Method:
            > Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
            > PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
            > temporary bonus.

            Better, just use the PREAPPLY:ANYPC in the spell. No need to create
            another object.

            > BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
            > PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.

            When did that start? That explains some things. I'm going to have to
            test that. (I've got a number with PREMEMORIZE:NO in them - users
            with limited Known spells get a bonus just for knowing the spell).

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
              Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > On 10/2/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >
              >> KISS Method:
              >> Ignore the PRExxx, instead make a template with the bonus and use
              >> PREAPPLY:ANYPC. When the creature/character qualifies apply the
              >> temporary bonus.
              >>

              > Better, just use the PREAPPLY:ANYPC in the spell. No need to create
              > another object.

              I corrected myself - I was writing in a hurry... Screaming baby tends to
              be distracting...

              >> BTW - Only temp bonuses work in the spells, any Bonus tag without the
              >> PREAPPLY tag will fail to be applied.
              >>

              > When did that start? That explains some things. I'm going to have to
              > test that. (I've got a number with PREMEMORIZE:NO in them - users
              > with limited Known spells get a bonus just for knowing the spell).

              I don't know when, I just know for personal experience it doesn't work.