Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
      Paul Grosse wrote:
      >> Bri Hats wrote:
      >>
      >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances
      >>>
      >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?
      >>

      >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?
      >>
      >> --
      >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      >> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      >>

      > I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.
      >
      > Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let
      > the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets
      > etc.

      OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's
      just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still
      get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
    • Bri Hats
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
        Think of an Indian Rhinoceros. It's hide is so thick and heavily creased it looks like the animal is wearing plate mail. The race i am making has a similar hide, but also with metallic properties (hence the Armor bonus rather than Natural armor) and so, he looks rather like a walking suit of armor. His hide IS his suit of armor and thus he is unable to wear anything over it to fill the armor/robe slot. He can still wear rings, amulets, cloaks, et. al. just not anything on the main armor slots. Hope this example helps make what i'm doing clearer. :)

        Bri"Did my area effect spell destroy your army?" "No, but the DM is really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.comFrom: eddyba@...: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:11:32 -0400Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

        Paul Grosse wrote:>> Bri Hats wrote:>> >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances >>> >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?>> >>> >>> >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?>>>> -->> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)>> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin>>>> >> I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.>> Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let> the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets> etc.> OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)-- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin

      • musicguerilla
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
          Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)

          Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
          gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
          as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
          one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
          soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?

          creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
          can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
          create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

          override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

          Bri

          "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
          really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
            On 10/3/07, musicguerilla <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
            > Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)
            >
            > Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
            > gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
            > as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
            > one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
            > soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?
            >
            > creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
            > can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
            > create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            >
            > override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

            Lots of different ways to do it. Yeah, PCGen is very flexible.

          • jonbravo768
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
              But if you go back to treating it as equipment only purchasable by
              that race, then the enchantment becomes trivial. Just make sure that
              the natural armor has the Masterwork type, and you can enchant it to
              your heart's content...