Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

Expand Messages
  • Paul Grosse
    ... I think he s talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc. Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won t let the race equip any
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
      > Bri Hats wrote:
      > > Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances
      > it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?
      > >
      >
      > Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?
      >
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      >

      I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.

      Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let
      the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets
      etc.
    • Eddy Anthony
      ... OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it s just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still get Armor
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
        Paul Grosse wrote:
        >> Bri Hats wrote:
        >>
        >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances
        >>>
        >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?
        >>
        >>>
        >>>
        >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?
        >>
        >> --
        >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        >> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
        >>
        >>
        >
        > I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.
        >
        > Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let
        > the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets
        > etc.
        >

        OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's
        just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still
        get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      • Bri Hats
        Think of an Indian Rhinoceros. It s hide is so thick and heavily creased it looks like the animal is wearing plate mail. The race i am making has a similar
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
          Think of an Indian Rhinoceros. It's hide is so thick and heavily creased it looks like the animal is wearing plate mail. The race i am making has a similar hide, but also with metallic properties (hence the Armor bonus rather than Natural armor) and so, he looks rather like a walking suit of armor. His hide IS his suit of armor and thus he is unable to wear anything over it to fill the armor/robe slot. He can still wear rings, amulets, cloaks, et. al. just not anything on the main armor slots. Hope this example helps make what i'm doing clearer. :)

          Bri"Did my area effect spell destroy your army?" "No, but the DM is really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"


          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.comFrom: eddyba@...: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:11:32 -0400Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES




          Paul Grosse wrote:>> Bri Hats wrote:>> >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances >>> >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?>> >>> >>> >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?>>>> -->> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)>> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin>>>> >> I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.>> Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let> the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets> etc.> OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)-- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin







          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • musicguerilla
          Bingo! that s what I was looking for :) Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i gave him for the
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
            Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)

            Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
            gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
            as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
            one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
            soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?

            creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
            can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
            create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

            override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

            Bri

            "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
            really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            > I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.
            >
            > Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't
            let
            > the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings
            amulets
            > etc.
            >
          • Tir Gwaith
            ... Lots of different ways to do it. Yeah, PCGen is very flexible. -- Tir Gwaith PCGen LST Chimp
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
              On 10/3/07, musicguerilla <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
              > Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)
              >
              > Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
              > gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
              > as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
              > one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
              > soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?
              >
              > creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
              > can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
              > create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              >
              > override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

              Lots of different ways to do it. Yeah, PCGen is very flexible.

              --
              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen LST Chimp
            • jonbravo768
              But if you go back to treating it as equipment only purchasable by that race, then the enchantment becomes trivial. Just make sure that the natural armor has
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
                But if you go back to treating it as equipment only purchasable by
                that race, then the enchantment becomes trivial. Just make sure that
                the natural armor has the Masterwork type, and you can enchant it to
                your heart's content...

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                >
                > On 10/3/07, musicguerilla <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
                > > Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)
                > >
                > > Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
                > > gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
                > > as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
                > > one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
                > > soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?
                > >
                > > creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
                > > can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
                > > create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                > >
                > > override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D
                >
                > Lots of different ways to do it. Yeah, PCGen is very flexible.
                >
                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.