Re: RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

  • Felonius Stark
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
      Building from that idea, you could then "AUTO:EQUP|Foo Very Tough
      Hide" then you just need to remember to equip it, it'll already be in
      your list of equipment. No more hunting ;-)

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "jonbravo768"
      <jonbravo768@...> wrote:

      > Bri,
      >
      > One way to do this is to create a piece of equipment that looks like
      > armor to PCGen. If your race's name is "Foo", you can call it "Foo
      > Very Tough Hide", give it any dex penalties that apply, and give it a
      > PRERACE:Foo. Then each Foo character has to "buy" it for zero gp and
      > equip it. This will keep them from equipping any other robe/armor,
      > and still gets them their natural AC.
      >
      > That's the way I've seen it done for other races anyway. Hope that
      helps.

      > -Thomas
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla"
      > <musicguerilla@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I can give my custom race with a very tough hide an armor bonus of
      > > +2 (armor) but don't know how to deny the wearing of any
      > > armor/robes. he still gains added bonuses from say an amulet of
      > > natural armor, or something that grants a deflection bonus, but he
      > > cannot wear full plate or leather, etc. as he is physically unable
      > > to wear them and of course Armor bonus doesn't stack with Armor
      > > bonus (except it does in the program as I have it setup.)
      > >
      > > I have in the race file the following line:
      > >
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      > >
      > > now, how do i block the qualifications of all armor types even if he
      > > has a class that allows the profs for all armors? (needless to say,
      > > his skin counts as masterwork and thus can be magically enhanced of
      > > course, so i guess, how would i set THAT up as well lol)
      > >
      > > would a kit created specifically for this race be the easiest route?
      > >
      > > Thanks everyone :)
      > >
      > > Bri
      > >
      > > "Did my area effect spell wipe out your army?" "No, but the DM is
      > > really annoyed he has to take 6 HP off 200 guys!"

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
        musicguerilla wrote:
        > I can give my custom race with a very tough hide an armor bonus of
        > +2 (armor) but don't know how to deny the wearing of any
        > armor/robes. he still gains added bonuses from say an amulet of
        > natural armor, or something that grants a deflection bonus, but he
        > cannot wear full plate or leather, etc. as he is physically unable
        > to wear them and of course Armor bonus doesn't stack with Armor
        > bonus (except it does in the program as I have it setup.)
        >
        > I have in the race file the following line:
        >
        > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
        >
        > now, how do i block the qualifications of all armor types even if he
        > has a class that allows the profs for all armors? (needless to say,
        > his skin counts as masterwork and thus can be magically enhanced of
        > course, so i guess, how would i set THAT up as well lol)
        >
        > would a kit created specifically for this race be the easiest route?
        >
        > Thanks everyone :)
        >
        > Bri

        One way that might work is to use BONUS:SLOTS to remove the two slots in
        question:

        BONUS:SLOTS|ARMOR|-1
        BONUS:SLOTS|ROBE|-1

        The race should then be unable to equip any Armor or Rope Typed items.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
          Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?

          Bri"Did my area effect spell destroy your army?" "No, but the DM is really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"

          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.comFrom: eddyba@...: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:10:26 -0400Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

          musicguerilla wrote:> I can give my custom race with a very tough hide an armor bonus of > +2 (armor) but don't know how to deny the wearing of any > armor/robes. he still gains added bonuses from say an amulet of > natural armor, or something that grants a deflection bonus, but he > cannot wear full plate or leather, etc. as he is physically unable > to wear them and of course Armor bonus doesn't stack with Armor > bonus (except it does in the program as I have it setup.)>> I have in the race file the following line:>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE>> now, how do i block the qualifications of all armor types even if he > has a class that allows the profs for all armors? (needless to say, > his skin counts as masterwork and thus can be magically enhanced of > course, so i guess, how would i set THAT up as well lol)>> would a kit created specifically for this race be the easiest route?>> Thanks everyone :)>> Bri> One way that might work is to use BONUS:SLOTS to remove the two slots in question:BONUS:SLOTS|ARMOR|-1BONUS:SLOTS|ROBE|-1The race should then be unable to equip any Armor or Rope Typed items.-- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
            Bri Hats wrote:
            > Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?

            Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?

            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
              > Bri Hats wrote:
              > > Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances
              > it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?
              > >

              > Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?
              >
              > --
              > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin

              I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.

              Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let
              the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets
              etc.
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
                Paul Grosse wrote:
                >> Bri Hats wrote:
                >>
                >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances
                >>>
                >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?
                >>

                >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?
                >>
                >> --
                >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                >> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
                >>

                > I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.
                >
                > Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let
                > the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets
                > etc.

                OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's
                just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still
                get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
                  Think of an Indian Rhinoceros. It's hide is so thick and heavily creased it looks like the animal is wearing plate mail. The race i am making has a similar hide, but also with metallic properties (hence the Armor bonus rather than Natural armor) and so, he looks rather like a walking suit of armor. His hide IS his suit of armor and thus he is unable to wear anything over it to fill the armor/robe slot. He can still wear rings, amulets, cloaks, et. al. just not anything on the main armor slots. Hope this example helps make what i'm doing clearer. :)

                  Bri"Did my area effect spell destroy your army?" "No, but the DM is really annoyed he has to subtract 6 hit points off 200 guys!"

                  To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.comFrom: eddyba@...: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:11:32 -0400Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RACIAL FEATURES DENY WEARING OF ANY ARMOR/ROBES

                  Paul Grosse wrote:>> Bri Hats wrote:>> >>> Sweet! now, how do i upgrade his AC bonus when he enhances >>> >> it magically? Template perhaps? probably the easiest. Ideas?>> >>> >>> >> Not sure I understand, is this a racial ability he has?>>>> -->> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)>> ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin>>>> >> I think he's talking about rings of prot, bracers of armor etc.>> Those are handled by the other slots, the BONUS:SLOTS|Armor|-1 won't let> the race equip any armor, but will allow him/her to wear rings amulets> etc.> OK, yeah. The BONUS:SLOT|ARMOR does not effect BONUS:AC at all, it's just a way to prevent an armor item from being equipped. You can still get Armor bonuses from other sources (items and spells etc..)-- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin

                • musicguerilla
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)

                    Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
                    gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
                    as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
                    one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
                    soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?

                    creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
                    can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
                    create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

                    override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
                      On 10/3/07, musicguerilla <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
                      > Bingo! that's what I was looking for :)
                      >
                      > Now i just need to figure out the best way to enhance the AC bonus i
                      > gave him for the bonus:Combat|AC|2|TYPE=Armor.Replace that i gave him
                      > as a racial bonus. I'm still thinking of going with templates on that
                      > one. Now i have thot of another sticky spot here: what happens if
                      > soneone in the group wishes to convert to, say, mithril or adamantine?
                      >
                      > creating the custom hide armor may still be a more flexible option...I
                      > can always remove the slot line in the race file...then i can simply
                      > create/customize each one as needed...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                      >
                      > override with a template perhaps? this is fun :D

                      Lots of different ways to do it. Yeah, PCGen is very flexible.

                    • jonbravo768
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
                        But if you go back to treating it as equipment only purchasable by
                        that race, then the enchantment becomes trivial. Just make sure that
                        the natural armor has the Masterwork type, and you can enchant it to
                        your heart's content...