Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Abilities Question - Perhaps MULT defect?

  • Joe Frazier, Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2007
      Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > MULT:YES _MUST_ have a CHOOSE.
      >
      > I would suggest CHOOSE:FEATADD|TYPE.Metamagic|TYPE.ItemCreation|TYPE.Tradition
      > (and remove the ADD:FEAT)

      Using 5.13.2(same with stable 5.12.1):

      Sep 27, 2007 9:03:45 AM pcgen.util.Logging errorPrint
      SEVERE: Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: MagicalBoon... but it does not
      exist
      Sep 27, 2007 9:03:45 AM pcgen.util.Logging errorPrint
      SEVERE: Can't create Choice Manager: FEATADD class threw an error
      Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
      Source)

      Thanks Tir, I NOW see this in the docs where I missed it before.
      Unfortunately, this did not work (no chooser pops up) and still would
      only solve half of the problem anyway, mainly, the functionality of
      selecting "some" abilities only a single time, and some abilities
      multiple times, with those chosen multiple times having some type of
      staking benefit. Is there some other tag I am missing here besides MULT?

      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      > The problem may be that when you use MULT:YES PCGen is expecting to see
      > a CHOOSE, instead you're using ADD:FEAT. You might try adding a
      > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE in there and see what happens.

      Thanks Eddy, but this is still a no dice also. It give the same java
      error. Basically, any CHOOSE I have ever tried to run within my
      abilities file errors out.

      Here are my abilities from miscinfo.lst:

      ABILITYCATEGORY:Minor Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
      CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Minor Boon VISIBLE:YES
      POOL:MinorBoon
      ABILITYCATEGORY:Moderate Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
      CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Moderate Boon VISIBLE:YES
      POOL:ModerateBoon
      ABILITYCATEGORY:Major Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
      CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Major Boon VISIBLE:YES
      POOL:MajorBoon

      Note that I have tried many many many variations on the above to try to
      get everything to work correctly and have had some help directly from
      Andrew M off line also.

      Joe