Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Abilities Question - Perhaps MULT defect?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27 5:45 AM
      joefrazierjr wrote:
      > I am having several problems with abilities defined via the
      > ABILITYCATEGORY. The main problem I seem to have is that they do not
      > get "added" (and thus the pool never goes down) when selected. Any
      > side effect still seems to happen thought. For example:
      >
      > Bonus Feat
      > MULT:YES
      > CATEGORY:MagicalBoon
      > TYPE:Minor Boon
      > VISIBLE:YES ADD:FEAT|1|TYPE.Metamagic,TYPE.ItemCreation,TYPE.Tradition
      > DESC:Boo

      The problem may be that when you use MULT:YES PCGen is expecting to see
      a CHOOSE, instead you're using ADD:FEAT. You might try adding a
      CHOOSE:NOCHOICE in there and see what happens.

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27 6:11 AM
        Tir Gwaith wrote:
        > MULT:YES _MUST_ have a CHOOSE.
        >
        > I would suggest CHOOSE:FEATADD|TYPE.Metamagic|TYPE.ItemCreation|TYPE.Tradition
        > (and remove the ADD:FEAT)

        Using 5.13.2(same with stable 5.12.1):

        Sep 27, 2007 9:03:45 AM pcgen.util.Logging errorPrint
        SEVERE: Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: MagicalBoon... but it does not
        exist
        Sep 27, 2007 9:03:45 AM pcgen.util.Logging errorPrint
        SEVERE: Can't create Choice Manager: FEATADD class threw an error
        Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
        Source)

        Thanks Tir, I NOW see this in the docs where I missed it before.
        Unfortunately, this did not work (no chooser pops up) and still would
        only solve half of the problem anyway, mainly, the functionality of
        selecting "some" abilities only a single time, and some abilities
        multiple times, with those chosen multiple times having some type of
        staking benefit. Is there some other tag I am missing here besides MULT?

        Eddy Anthony wrote:

        > The problem may be that when you use MULT:YES PCGen is expecting to see
        > a CHOOSE, instead you're using ADD:FEAT. You might try adding a
        > CHOOSE:NOCHOICE in there and see what happens.

        Thanks Eddy, but this is still a no dice also. It give the same java
        error. Basically, any CHOOSE I have ever tried to run within my
        abilities file errors out.

        Here are my abilities from miscinfo.lst:

        ABILITYCATEGORY:Minor Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
        CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Minor Boon VISIBLE:YES
        POOL:MinorBoon
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Moderate Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
        CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Moderate Boon VISIBLE:YES
        POOL:ModerateBoon
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Major Boon DISPLAYLOCATION:Magical Boon
        CATEGORY:MagicalBoon TYPE:Major Boon VISIBLE:YES
        POOL:MajorBoon

        Note that I have tried many many many variations on the above to try to
        get everything to work correctly and have had some help directly from
        Andrew M off line also.

        Joe