FW: Dieties with more than one priesthood

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 13, 2007
      Received this from a user, forwarded to this group, for further benefit.

      --------------------------------------
      From: Arjan van Ginneken
      Date: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:10 am
      Subject: Dieties with more than one priesthood

      Hello,

      I've been thinking about making a dieties file for my pantheon, but I've hit a
      snag. The Gods (and Goddesses) in my pantheon have more than one priesthood. And
      each priesthood has access to different domains.

      I've been thinking and I plan to do it like this:
      Each priesthood gets it's own class, based on the cleric.
      In the diety definition I'll add the PRECLASS tag into the domaintag.

      Example:
      Diety: Orakal
      priesthood1: The Scolars
      domains: Evil, Good, Knowledge, Trickery
      priesthood2: Seekers
      domains: Knowledge, Sun, Travel

      Orakal <TAB> . . . <TAB> DOMAINS:Evil,Good,Knowledge,Trickery|
      PRECLASS:1,scolar=1 <TAB>
      DOMAINS:Knowledge,Sun,Travel|PRECLASS1,seeker=1 <TAB> ...

      Will this work? Anyone a better idea?

      regards,
      Arjan
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 13, 2007
        Hmm, I'm not near my copy of PCGen so I can't test it, but how about this?

        Class File:

        Cleric.MOD
        DEFINE:PriestHood|0

        Feat File:

        Preisthood of the Code Monkey
        VISIBLE:NO
        TYPE:Priesthood
        PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
        BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|1

        Preisthood of the Data Monkey
        VISIBLE:NO
        TYPE:Priesthood
        PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
        BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|2

        Preisthood of the Doc Monkeys
        VISIBLE:NO
        TYPE:Priesthood
        PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
        BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|3

        Deity File:

        DEITY:Monkey God
        ALIGN:
        PREALIGN:
        DEITYWEAPON:
        DOMAINS:v,w
        DOMAINS:x|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|2]
        DOMAINS:y|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|2],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|3]
        DOMAINS:z|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|3]
        ADDFEAT:Preisthood of the Code Monkey|Preisdthood of the Data Monkey
        |Preisthood of the Doc Monkey
        DESC:
        etc.

        I night have nmissed something . . .

        Maredudd

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Received this from a user, forwarded to this group, for further benefit.
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp
        >
        > --------------------------------------
        > From: Arjan van Ginneken
        > Date: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:10 am
        > Subject: Dieties with more than one priesthood
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > I've been thinking about making a dieties file for my pantheon, but I've hit a
        > snag. The Gods (and Goddesses) in my pantheon have more than one priesthood. And
        > each priesthood has access to different domains.
        >
        > I've been thinking and I plan to do it like this:
        > Each priesthood gets it's own class, based on the cleric.
        > In the diety definition I'll add the PRECLASS tag into the domaintag.
        >
        > Example:
        > Diety: Orakal
        > priesthood1: The Scolars
        > domains: Evil, Good, Knowledge, Trickery
        > priesthood2: Seekers
        > domains: Knowledge, Sun, Travel
        >
        > Orakal <TAB> . . . <TAB> DOMAINS:Evil,Good,Knowledge,Trickery|
        > PRECLASS:1,scolar=1 <TAB>
        > DOMAINS:Knowledge,Sun,Travel|PRECLASS1,seeker=1 <TAB> ...
        >
        > Will this work? Anyone a better idea?
        >
        > regards,
        > Arjan

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 13, 2007
          Oops!

          Got ADDFEAT wrong . . .

          ADDFEAT:1|Preisthood of the Code Monkey,Preisdthood of the Data Monkey,
          Preisthood of the Doc Monkey

          Of course this implementation assumes ADDFEAT will work in a Deity file . . . I've never
          actually tried it . . .

          Maredudd

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:

          > Hmm, I'm not near my copy of PCGen so I can't test it, but how about this?
          >
          > Class File:
          >
          > Cleric.MOD
          > DEFINE:PriestHood|0
          >
          > Feat File:
          >
          > Preisthood of the Code Monkey
          > VISIBLE:NO
          > TYPE:Priesthood
          > PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
          > BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|1
          >
          > Preisthood of the Data Monkey
          > VISIBLE:NO
          > TYPE:Priesthood
          > PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
          > BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|2
          >
          > Preisthood of the Doc Monkeys
          > VISIBLE:NO
          > TYPE:Priesthood
          > PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
          > BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|3
          >
          > Deity File:
          >
          > DEITY:Monkey God
          > ALIGN:
          > PREALIGN:
          > DEITYWEAPON:
          > DOMAINS:v,w
          > DOMAINS:x|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|2]
          > DOMAINS:y|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|2],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|3]
          > DOMAINS:z|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Preisthood|3]
          > ADDFEAT:Preisthood of the Code Monkey|Preisdthood of the Data Monkey
          > |Preisthood of the Doc Monkey
          > DESC:
          > etc.
          >

          > I night have nmissed something . . .
          >
          > Maredudd
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Received this from a user, forwarded to this group, for further benefit.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > PCGen LST Chimp
          > >
          > > --------------------------------------
          > > From: Arjan van Ginneken
          > > Date: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:10 am
          > > Subject: Dieties with more than one priesthood
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > I've been thinking about making a dieties file for my pantheon, but I've hit a
          > > snag. The Gods (and Goddesses) in my pantheon have more than one priesthood. And
          > > each priesthood has access to different domains.
          > >
          > > I've been thinking and I plan to do it like this:
          > > Each priesthood gets it's own class, based on the cleric.
          > > In the diety definition I'll add the PRECLASS tag into the domaintag.
          > >
          > > Example:
          > > Diety: Orakal
          > > priesthood1: The Scolars
          > > domains: Evil, Good, Knowledge, Trickery
          > > priesthood2: Seekers
          > > domains: Knowledge, Sun, Travel
          > >
          > > Orakal <TAB> . . . <TAB> DOMAINS:Evil,Good,Knowledge,Trickery|
          > > PRECLASS:1,scolar=1 <TAB>
          > > DOMAINS:Knowledge,Sun,Travel|PRECLASS1,seeker=1 <TAB> ...
          > >
          > > Will this work? Anyone a better idea?
          > >
          > > regards,
          > > Arjan

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 13, 2007
            Ok, I've tested it and it seems to work just fine.

            Well, it did after I corrected all of my syntax and spelling
            errors . . . :-)

            The final dataset mods are included below:

            Class File:
            Cleric.MOD
            DEFINE:PriestHood|0

            Feat File:
            Priesthood of the Code Monkey
            VISIBLE:NO
            TYPE:Priesthood
            PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
            BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|1

            Priesthood of the Data Monkey
            VISIBLE:NO
            TYPE:Priesthood
            PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
            BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|2

            Priesthood of the Doc Monkeys
            VISIBLE:NO
            TYPE:Priesthood
            PREVAREQ:Priesthood,0
            BONUS:VAR|Priesthood|3

            Deity File:
            Monkey God
            ALIGN:TN
            PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
            DEITYWEAPON:Pile of Poo
            DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
            DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],
            [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
            DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2],
            [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|3]
            DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],
            [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|3]
            ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
            etc.

            This essentially implements the game rule decribed by the user . . .

            Maredudd

            On Sep 13, 2007, at 9:02 AM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

            > Received this from a user, forwarded to this group, for further
            > benefit.
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp
            >
            > --------------------------------------
            > From: Arjan van Ginneken
            > Date: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:10 am
            > Subject: Dieties with more than one priesthood
            >
            > Hello,
            >
            > I've been thinking about making a dieties file for my pantheon, but
            > I've hit a
            > snag. The Gods (and Goddesses) in my pantheon have more than one
            > priesthood. And
            > each priesthood has access to different domains.
            >
            > I've been thinking and I plan to do it like this:
            > Each priesthood gets it's own class, based on the cleric.
            > In the diety definition I'll add the PRECLASS tag into the domaintag.
            >
            > Example:
            > Diety: Orakal
            > priesthood1: The Scolars
            > domains: Evil, Good, Knowledge, Trickery
            > priesthood2: Seekers
            > domains: Knowledge, Sun, Travel
            >
            > Orakal <TAB> . . . <TAB> DOMAINS:Evil,Good,Knowledge,Trickery|
            > PRECLASS:1,scolar=1 <TAB>
            > DOMAINS:Knowledge,Sun,Travel|PRECLASS1,seeker=1 <TAB> ...
            >
            > Will this work? Anyone a better idea?
            >
            > regards,
            > Arjan

          • arjan_van_ginneken
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 17, 2007
              wrote:

              > Ok, I've tested it and it seems to work just fine.
              >
              > Well, it did after I corrected all of my syntax and spelling
              > errors . . . :-)
              >
              > The final dataset mods are included below:

              <snip code>

              > This essentially implements the game rule decribed by the user . . .
              >
              > Maredudd

              Wow. Thanx. I won't pretend to understand anything of waht you just
              posted but I'll give it a go and see how thuis works in PCGen.

              Regards,
              Arjan
            • arjan_van_ginneken
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
                Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.

                In my_class.lst I added:
                Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0

                And I get error:
                Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
                instead in file

                I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

                in my_dieties I added:
                Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
                ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood

                And got an error:
                Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                even)

                Anyone got a clue what's happening here?

                Thanx.
                Arjan
                wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > I've been thinking about making a dieties file for my pantheon,
                but
                > > I've hit a
                > > snag. The Gods (and Goddesses) in my pantheon have more than one
                > > priesthood. And
                > > each priesthood has access to different domains.
                > >
                > > I've been thinking and I plan to do it like this:
                > > Each priesthood gets it's own class, based on the cleric.
                > > In the diety definition I'll add the PRECLASS tag into the
                domaintag.

                > > Example:
                > > Diety: Orakal
                > > priesthood1: The Scolars
                > > domains: Evil, Good, Knowledge, Trickery
                > > priesthood2: Seekers
                > > domains: Knowledge, Sun, Travel
                > >
                > > Orakal <TAB> . . . <TAB> DOMAINS:Evil,Good,Knowledge,Trickery|
                > > PRECLASS:1,scolar=1 <TAB>
                > > DOMAINS:Knowledge,Sun,Travel|PRECLASS1,seeker=1 <TAB> ...

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                  arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                  > Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
                  > Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.
                  >
                  > In my_class.lst I added:
                  > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                  >
                  > And I get error:
                  > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
                  > instead in file

                  You need to use the class tag in class files:

                  CLASS:Cleric.MOD

                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                    Allright. Seems I made a typo in that one. Thanx. That part works now.

                    ________________________________

                    > Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
                    > Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.
                    >
                    > In my_class.lst I added:
                    > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                    >
                    > And I get error:
                    > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
                    > instead in file

                    You need to use the class tag in class files:

                    CLASS:Cleric.MOD

                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin

                    Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

                    http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

                    The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                      > In my_class.lst I added:
                      > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                      > And I get error:
                      > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
                      > instead in file

                      Needs to be CLASS:Cleric.MOD

                      > in my_dieties I added:
                      > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                      > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                      > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
                      > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood

                      > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?

                      You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
                      pipes.

                      PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

                      Barak
                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                        arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                        > in my_dieties I added:
                        > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                        > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                        > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]

                        Syntax typo with PREVAR, you need to use comma's to separate the
                        variable and the target value:

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                          Barak wrote:
                          > > in my_dieties I added:
                          > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                          > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                          > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
                          > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                          >
                          > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
                          >
                          > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
                          > pipes.
                          >
                          > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

                          Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
                          incorrect syntax in the deity file.

                          Maredudd
                        • Ginneken,Arjan A.C.A. van
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                            Barak wrote:
                            > > in my_dieties I added:
                            > > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                            > > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                            > > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
                            > > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                            >
                            > > Anyone got a clue what's happening here?
                            >
                            > You're not using the proper syntax. PREVARxx uses commas as delimiters, not
                            > pipes.
                            >
                            > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

                            Doh! My typo . . . My previous example had the correct syntax in the feat etries, but used the
                            incorrect syntax in the deity file.

                            No problem. It seems to be working rather better now :) I cannot get the creation domain to work. Until I found out the creation domain doesn't exist. O well.

                            Just one last question. Since the feats which contain the priesthood var are set to VISIBLE=NO it is inpossible to see the choosen feat (and thus the priesthood) on a character sheet. Is this correct? It is also impossinble to change the feat as soon as it is choosen. Right?

                            Thanx a lot everyone.
                            Regards,
                            Arjan

                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 4, 2007
                              On 10/4/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
                              > Right. I'v found some time to try it out, but I got some errors.
                              > Since I don't understand the code :) I hope you guys can help me out.
                              >
                              > In my_class.lst I added:
                              > Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                              >
                              > And I get error:
                              > Expected a level value, but got 'Cleric.MOD DEFINE:PriestHood|0'
                              > instead in file
                              >
                              > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

                              CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0

                              Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                              you are trying to do.

                              > in my_dieties I added:
                              > Monkey God ALIGN:TN PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                              > DOMAINS:Knowledge DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,
                              > [PREVAREQ:Priesthood|1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood|2]
                              > ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                              >
                              > And got an error:
                              > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                              > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                              > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                              > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                              > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                              > even)

                              PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

                              PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                              (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
                              But to use your PREMULT:

                              PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]

                              Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                              might try using more than one VAR.

                            • arjan_van_ginneken
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                                <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                                > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
                                >
                                > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                                >
                                > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                                > you are trying to do.

                                Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
                                getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
                                it a bit. Bad idea.

                                By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
                                readability sake?

                                > > And got an error:
                                > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                                > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                                > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                                > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                                > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                                > > even)
                                >
                                > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
                                >
                                > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                                > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

                                Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
                                The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
                                priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
                                priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
                                exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

                                > But to use your PREMULT:
                                >
                                > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
                                >
                                > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                                > might try using more than one VAR.

                                Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
                                beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
                                code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                                This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                                priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                                works quite nicely at the moment.

                                Regards,
                                Arjan
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                                  On 10/5/07, arjan_van_ginneken <A.vanGinneken@...> wrote:
                                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                                  > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.
                                  > >
                                  > > CLASS:Cleric.MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood|0
                                  > >
                                  > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what
                                  > > you are trying to do.
                                  >
                                  > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where
                                  > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten
                                  > it a bit. Bad idea.
                                  >
                                  > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for
                                  > readability sake?

                                  Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric.MOD).
                                  That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have
                                  a .MOD on the second line.

                                  > > > And got an error:
                                  > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%
                                  > > > 20Files/PCGen/PCGen5121/data/my_dataset/my_deities.lst line 7: Can
                                  > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood': Can not
                                  > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo': Unable to parse
                                  > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo'. Incorrect parameter count (must be
                                  > > > even)
                                  > >
                                  > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)
                                  > >
                                  > > PREVARGTEQ:Priesthood,1
                                  > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)
                                  >
                                  > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.
                                  > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain
                                  > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other
                                  > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be
                                  > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.
                                  >
                                  > > But to use your PREMULT:
                                  > >
                                  > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,1],[PREVAREQ:Priesthood,2]
                                  > >
                                  > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you
                                  > > might try using more than one VAR.
                                  >
                                  > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just
                                  > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing
                                  > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                                  For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBlah|1
                                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfFoo|1
                                  BONUS:VAR|PriesthoodOfBar|1
                                  You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.
                                  For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or
                                  Foo (like your current 1 and 2):
                                  PREVARGTEQ:PriesthoodOfBlah+PriesthoodOfFoo,1

                                  (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                                  > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                                  > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                                  > works quite nicely at the moment.

                                  Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each
                                  Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and
                                  PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC
                                  follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the
                                  PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and
                                  Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

                                • Eric C Smith
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                                    Hi Arjan,

                                    On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                                    > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                                    > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                                    > works quite nicely at the moment.

                                    That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                                    it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                                    Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                                    and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                                    added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                                    Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                                    houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                                    allow a more generic cleric . . .

                                    Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                                    Monkey God
                                    ALIGN:TN
                                    PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                                    DEITYWEAPON:Pile of Poo
                                    DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                                    DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                                    DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                                    DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                                    [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                                    ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Priesthood
                                    etc.

                                    Feat File:
                                    Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                                    VISIBLE:NO
                                    TYPE:Priesthood
                                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                    etc.

                                    Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                                    VISIBLE:NO
                                    TYPE:Priesthood
                                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                    etc.

                                    Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                                    VISIBLE:NO
                                    TYPE:Priesthood
                                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                    etc.

                                    Priesthood of the Monkey
                                    VISIBLE:NO
                                    TYPE:Priesthood
                                    !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                    etc.

                                    Maredudd
                                  • Eric C Smith
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                                      Hi Arjan,

                                      I tweeked it again to resolve a couple of loopholes, and another typo
                                      that was slipping through . .. (DEITYWEAPON should be DEITYWEAP)

                                      On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:18 AM, arjan_van_ginneken wrote:
                                      > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple
                                      > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it
                                      > works quite nicely at the moment.

                                      That VAR mechanism was the first method that popped into my mind but
                                      it certainly isn't the only way to make the rule work . . .

                                      Here is another method that works as well that uses just the feats
                                      and does not require a .MOD to the Cleric class. Note that I have
                                      added a 'Priesthood of the Monkey which would represent a generic
                                      Cleric of the Monkey God . . . Not sure if that was an option in your
                                      houserule, but it is something I added just in case someone wanted to
                                      allow a more generic cleric . . .

                                      Deity File: (Note: the 'New Line' is replaced by a <tab>.)
                                      Monkey God
                                      ALIGN:TN
                                      PREALIGN:NG,LN,TN,CN,NE
                                      DEITYWEAP:Pile of Poo
                                      DOMAINS:Knowledge,Madness
                                      DOMAINS:Creation|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey]
                                      DOMAINS:Artifice|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Data Monkey],
                                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                                      DOMAINS:Magic|PREMULT:1,[PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Code Monkey],
                                      [PREFEAT:1,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey]
                                      ADD:FEAT|Priesthood of the Code Monkey,Priesthood of the Data
                                      Monkey,Priesthood of the Doc Monkey,Priesthood of the Monkey
                                      etc.

                                      Feat File:
                                      Priesthood of the Code Monkey
                                      VISIBLE:NO
                                      TYPE:Priesthood
                                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                      etc.

                                      Priesthood of the Data Monkey
                                      VISIBLE:NO
                                      TYPE:Priesthood
                                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                      etc.

                                      Priesthood of the Doc Monkey
                                      VISIBLE:NO
                                      TYPE:Priesthood
                                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                      etc.

                                      Priesthood of the Monkey
                                      VISIBLE:NO
                                      TYPE:Priesthood
                                      !PREFEAT:1,TYPE=Priesthood
                                      etc.

                                      Maredudd
                                    • Brian Ackermann
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 5, 2007
                                        Sweet!

                                        I've been wondering about that for a little while now...I find going 'vertical' much easier than 'horizontal'.

                                        Brian

                                        > > > I tried CLASS:Cleric. etc but with the same result.

                                        > > CLASS:Cleric. MOD <tab> DEFINE:PriestHood| 0

                                        > > Note the <tab>. You need that after .MOD, or PCGen won't know what

                                        > > you are trying to do.

                                        > Right. That was the typo I made. I found that the lines of codes where

                                        > getting much to long so I replaced some <tab> with <space> to shorten

                                        > it a bit. Bad idea.

                                        > By the way, is there a way to stretch code over multiple lines for

                                        > readability sake?

                                        Yes. Use the exact same tag at the beginning (like CLASS:Cleric. MOD).

                                        That works for CLASS lines. For other files, just make sure you have

                                        a .MOD on the second line.

                                        > > > And got an error:

                                        > > > Error parsing file file:/D:/Program%

                                        > > > 20Files/PCGen/ PCGen5121/ data/my_dataset/ my_deities. lst line 7: Can

                                        > > > not parse 'PREMULT:1,[ PREVAREQ: Priesthood' : Can not

                                        > > > parse 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo ': Unable to parse

                                        > > > prrequisite 'PREVAREQ:Priesthoo '. Incorrect parameter count (must be

                                        > > > even)

                                        > > PREVAR is comma deliminated (and you don't need the PREMULT)

                                        > > PREVARGTEQ:Priestho od,1

                                        > > (will Pass when the value of Priesthood is >= 1)

                                        > Nice to know. I will try that. Bit I think it will not do what I want.

                                        > The Priesthood var holds a number which corresponds with a certain

                                        > priesthood. Some priesthood will have access to one domain, an other

                                        > priesthood will get an other domain. So the priesthood var must be

                                        > exactly 1 or to but not 3. Or must be 1 or 3 but not 2.

                                        > > But to use your PREMULT:

                                        > > PREMULT:1,[PREVAREQ :Priesthood, 1],[PREVAREQ: Priesthood, 2]

                                        > > Not sure what you are trying to use the VAR Priesthood for, but you

                                        > > might try using more than one VAR.

                                        > Not sure how I should use more than one VAR. At the moment I'm just

                                        > beginning to understand the ins and outs of lst-files. I'm borrowing

                                        > code from other files and from this list and adapting it.

                                        For ease, I would use more than one var. DEFINE each one...

                                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBlah|1

                                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfFoo|1

                                        BONUS:VAR|Priesthoo dOfBar|1

                                        You can test each priesthood and multiple sets at once.

                                        For example, testing to see if PC is either of Priesthood of Blah, or

                                        Foo (like your current 1 and 2):

                                        PREVARGTEQ:Priestho odOfBlah+ PriesthoodOfFoo, 1

                                        (basically, I'm using them like Booleans. :p )

                                        > This whole VAR thing just popped up when I asked about multiple

                                        > priesthoods for one god. Maredudd pointed me in this direction an it

                                        > works quite nicely at the moment.

                                        Now, for my own personal sets, I make a Deity entry for each

                                        Priesthood. Since if I'm checking for a Priesthood, it is easier, and

                                        PREDEITY uses a cumulative list, so if I want to check if the PC

                                        follows the deity from any of the orders, I just list them all in the

                                        PREDEITY tag. It also means user can easily choose Deity and

                                        Priesthood order at the same time from the Deity/Domain tab.

                                        <!--

                                        #ygrp-mkp{
                                        #ygrp-mkp hr{
                                        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}