Re: familiars skill bonus not getting applied

  • serpentkisst
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
      Okay, I'll do that and let you know. But tell me - how is the one-mile
      bonus *supposed* to get applied? As soon as you add the familiar or is
      it a temporary bonus like the arms-reach bonus?
      -josh
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
        I'm not quite following; what is the 1 mile bonus you are talking about?

        I know you get a bonus when the familiar is within arms reach, and I
        know you get a bonus just by having a familiar.

        serpentkisst wrote:
        > Okay, I'll do that and let you know. But tell me - how is the one-mile
        > bonus *supposed* to get applied? As soon as you add the familiar or is
        > it a temporary bonus like the arms-reach bonus?
        > -josh

        -- Andrew
        Data Gibbon, Tracker Tamarin, Docs Lemur
      • serpentkisst
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
          What I'm talking about is, I think, the same bonus you are talking
          about "just by having a familiar", e.g. a cat gives +3 to move
          silently, a bat is +3 listen, etc., all the time. Technically, that
          bonus is only when the familiar is within a mile, but most people tend
          to ignore or forget that and just apply it permanently.

          I just finished testing in v5.13.1 - it works. The move silently bonus
          shows as a misc mod...

          -josh
        • serpentkisst
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
            okay, i am really a dork. it was working in 5.12 the whole time i just
            was not seeing it. argh. so the answer to my original question "what
            am i missing" is really "eyeballs, dipsh*t!!"
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
              Just another satisfied customer...

              Ok, well, glad that it is working for you (in both versions).

              As to the mile bonus factor - If you really want to remove the bonus
              granted by your familiar going beyond 1 mile, I'd suggest making a
              custom template. But I don't think there is enough demand by the users
              for it to be added in the general release.