Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: familiars skill bonus not getting applied

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hi Josh,

      Can you download and install the latest alpha version 5.13.1 and let me
      know if the problem still persists?

      In the older 5.12/5.12.1 series I know there was some issue with the
      Java 1.6; also, can you make sure your java is the latest version available.

      If that doesn't solve the problem I'll pass this along to one of our
      code monkeys, as I know the data side hasn't been altered.

      josh burt wrote:
      > Hi Andrew,
      >
      > thanks for your reply.
      > -yes, i created the familiar via the resources tab and it is saved and loaded
      > -yes, the 'arms reach' template is applied. that one works.
      > -i hadn't exported to pdf yet but i just tried that and still no one mile bonus (in this case a cat so should impart +2 Move Silently), only the arms reach bonus
      >
      > I'm running the windows platform v. 5.12.1 with only the 3.5 RSRD loaded. Java v. 1.6.0-b105.
      >
      > thanks again,
      > josh

      -- Andrew
      Data Gibbon, Tracker Tamarin, Docs Lemur
    • serpentkisst
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
        Okay, I'll do that and let you know. But tell me - how is the one-mile
        bonus *supposed* to get applied? As soon as you add the familiar or is
        it a temporary bonus like the arms-reach bonus?
        -josh
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
          I'm not quite following; what is the 1 mile bonus you are talking about?

          I know you get a bonus when the familiar is within arms reach, and I
          know you get a bonus just by having a familiar.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
            What I'm talking about is, I think, the same bonus you are talking
            about "just by having a familiar", e.g. a cat gives +3 to move
            silently, a bat is +3 listen, etc., all the time. Technically, that
            bonus is only when the familiar is within a mile, but most people tend
            to ignore or forget that and just apply it permanently.

            I just finished testing in v5.13.1 - it works. The move silently bonus
            shows as a misc mod...

            -josh
          • serpentkisst
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
              okay, i am really a dork. it was working in 5.12 the whole time i just
              was not seeing it. argh. so the answer to my original question "what
              am i missing" is really "eyeballs, dipsh*t!!"
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                Just another satisfied customer...

                Ok, well, glad that it is working for you (in both versions).

                As to the mile bonus factor - If you really want to remove the bonus
                granted by your familiar going beyond 1 mile, I'd suggest making a
                custom template. But I don't think there is enough demand by the users
                for it to be added in the general release.