Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Pathfinder weapon

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 6:07 AM
      Hm, I'm not getting this to work. There is no weapon "spiked shield"
      defined and if i create a custom shield with the Shield Spikes EQMOD it
      doesn't show up as a weapon.

      Stefan.

      Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > Better idea (at least from my PoV):
      >
      > 1) create EQMOD similar to shield spikes, changing where needed....
      >
      > 2) Make your Klar like a shield with EQMOD:<your slashing shield spikes>
      >
      > 3) Make a weapon like the weapon sheild spikes, with Slashing damage,
      > different Prof, etc..
      >
      > Then it will work exactly like the normal spiked shields, with
      > appropriate Slashing damage.

    • Robert Ward
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1 9:29 AM
        Stefan,
        This needs to be done in the equipmods.lst file. Then, you can access
        it through customization UI in PCGen. Or at least that is how I got
        it to work.

        Robert Ward
        PCGen CD Team member

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1 9:41 AM
          Hm, I have the following in my equipmod file:

          Klar Blade
          KEY:KLAR_S
          TYPE:Shield
          COST:0
          VISIBLE:NO
          ITYPE:Weapon.Melee.Slashing
          PRETYPE:Shield
          BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1

          Klar Blade
          KEY:KLAR_SB
          TYPE:Shieldbash
          COST:0
          VISIBLE:NO
          ITYPE:Weapon.Melee.Slashing BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|1

          and this in my armor/shield file:

          Klar
          PROFICIENCY:Klar
          TYPE:Shield.Light.Standard
          COST:12
          WT:6
          ACCHECK:-1
          CRITMULT:x2
          CRITRANGE:1
          DAMAGE:1d6
          EQMOD:STEEL|Klar Blade
          WIELD:Light
          SIZE:M
          SOURCEPAGE:p.10
          SPELLFAILURE:5
          BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Shield.REPLACE

          So how do get the thing displayed as a weapon?

          Robert Ward wrote:
          > Stefan,
          > This needs to be done in the equipmods.lst file. Then, you can access
          > it through customization UI in PCGen. Or at least that is how I got
          > it to work.
          >
          > Robert Ward
          > PCGen CD Team member
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher
          > <radermacher@...> wrote:
          >> Hm, I'm not getting this to work. There is no weapon "spiked shield"
          >> defined and if i create a custom shield with the Shield Spikes EQMOD it
          >> doesn't show up as a weapon.
          >>
          >> Stefan.
          >>
          >> Tir Gwaith wrote:
          >>> Better idea (at least from my PoV):
          >>>
          >>> 1) create EQMOD similar to shield spikes, changing where needed....
          >>>
          >>> 2) Make your Klar like a shield with EQMOD:<your slashing shield
          > spikes>
          >>> 3) Make a weapon like the weapon sheild spikes, with Slashing damage,
          >>> different Prof, etc..
          >>>
          >>> Then it will work exactly like the normal spiked shields, with
          >>> appropriate Slashing damage.
          >>>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Robert Ward
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1 1:33 PM
            Ok, here are my two lines from my equipmods.lst file
            Klar
            KEY:KLAR_S
            TYPE:Shield
            COST:3
            VISIBLE:QUALIFY
            ITYPE:Spiked.Slashing
            PRETYPE:Shield|Armor
            BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|2
            SPROP:Klar

            Klar
            KEY:KLAR_SB
            TYPE:Shieldbash
            COST:0
            VISIBLE:QUALIFY
            ITYPE:Spiked.Slashing
            BONUS:EQMWEAPON|DAMAGESIZE|2
            SPROP:Klar

            Then at the character, I make a custom item for a light shield, using
            the UI. And then do the same for Shieldbash (light). This may not be
            going about the easiest way, but it works for me with only one minor
            glitch and that's showing both bludgeon and slash for damage types. I
            can deal with that though.