Re: How to .MOD a class level

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007

      Is there a way to .MOD a class level line?

      Monch

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've tried searching this topic but couldn't find an answer. Is
      > there a way to .MOD a classlevel? Let's say I want to change
      level
      > 4 of the ranger class, how is it supposed to be done. I tried the
      > following, but it ends up messing up the favored enemy and combat
      > styles on levels 1 and 2. (BTW, I was also adding a SUBCLASS on
      top
      > of this).
      >
      > CLASS:Ranger.MOD HASSUBCLASS:YES
      > #
      > ###Block: Foo Ranger
      > SUBCLASS:Ranger COST:0
      > SUBCLASS:Foo Ranger
      > SUBCLASSLEVEL:4 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
      > SUBCLASSLEVEL:8 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
      > SUBCLASSLEVEL:11 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
      > SUBCLASSLEVEL:14 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
      > 4 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=RangerCompanion
      >
      > Monch

    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
        On 8/9/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've tried searching this topic but couldn't find an answer. Is
        > there a way to .MOD a classlevel? Let's say I want to change level
        > 4 of the ranger class, how is it supposed to be done. I tried the
        > following, but it ends up messing up the favored enemy and combat
        > styles on levels 1 and 2. (BTW, I was also adding a SUBCLASS on top
        > of this).
        >
        > CLASS:Ranger.MOD HASSUBCLASS:YES
        > #
        > ###Block: Foo Ranger
        > SUBCLASS:Ranger COST:0
        > SUBCLASS:Foo Ranger
        > SUBCLASSLEVEL:4 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
        > SUBCLASSLEVEL:8 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
        > SUBCLASSLEVEL:11 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
        > SUBCLASSLEVEL:14 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=Ranger
        > 4 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=RangerCompanion
        >
        > Monch

        You actually have created two subclasses there, Ranger (in the line
        with COST), and Foo Ranger. I think the SUBCLASS:Ranger is messing
        everything up here, as it uses the same name as the main class. Move
        the COST to the Foo Ranger line and remove the SUBCLASS:Ranger line.

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        He's not your friend, he's ours! If somebody's gonna kill him, it should be us!
        (Kaneda in "Akira", 1988)
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007

          I did as you said but unfortunately it still didn't work. Once I
          selected the 1st level of Ranger it didn't prompt for the favored
          enemy. Once I commented out the line level 4, it worked ok.

          Monch

          > You actually have created two subclasses there, Ranger (in the line
          > with COST), and Foo Ranger. I think the SUBCLASS:Ranger is messing
          > everything up here, as it uses the same name as the main class. Move
          > the COST to the Foo Ranger line and remove the SUBCLASS:Ranger line.
          >

          > Cheerio,
          >
          > Frank Kliewe
          > PCGen Content Silverback
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
            CLASS:Ranger.MOD
            4 <TAB> ADD:FEAT|TYPE=RangerCompanion

            Will modify Ranger level 4.

            TP.

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I did as you said but unfortunately it still didn't work. Once I
            > selected the 1st level of Ranger it didn't prompt for the favored
            > enemy. Once I commented out the line level 4, it worked ok.
            >
            > Monch
            >

            > > You actually have created two subclasses there, Ranger (in the line
            > > with COST), and Foo Ranger. I think the SUBCLASS:Ranger is messing
            > > everything up here, as it uses the same name as the main class. Move
            > > the COST to the Foo Ranger line and remove the SUBCLASS:Ranger line.
            > >

            > > Cheerio,
            > >
            > > Frank Kliewe
            > > PCGen Content Silverback

          • monch9ph
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
              So that means there's probably a conflict with the .MOD SUBCLASS. Is
              this a bug?

              Monch