430 Set check from check

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16 12:12 PM
      I'm trying to build a feat that will set one check to the value of
      another. That is, I want to do this:

      FeatName BONUS:CHECKS|OTHERCHECK.BASE|FIRSTCHECK

      Of course, this syntax doesn't work. Can I do this at all?

      Thanks.

      -Greg G

      =====
      --
      RPN, the other Gaming Network
      http://rpn.homestead.com

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16 7:58 PM
        > I'm trying to build a feat that will set one check to the value of
        > another. That is, I want to do this:
        >
        > FeatName BONUS:CHECKS|OTHERCHECK.BASE|FIRSTCHECK
        >
        > Of course, this syntax doesn't work. Can I do this at all?

        Sorta. Using lots of PRECHECK statements on the bonus......

        At least, That is how I would try. Why do people always make up syntax?

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen BoD
        Data Silverback
      • Phantom Of Krankor <torcha.geo@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16 9:32 PM
          <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
          > > I'm trying to build a feat that will set one check to the value of
          > > another. That is, I want to do this:
          > >
          > > FeatName BONUS:CHECKS|OTHERCHECK.BASE|FIRSTCHECK
          > >
          > > Of course, this syntax doesn't work. Can I do this at all?
          >
          > Sorta. Using lots of PRECHECK statements on the bonus......
          >
          > At least, That is how I would try. Why do people always make up syntax?

          That's because the Code Monkeys can't make up their minds. :) I'm
          not particularly in to putting a dozen PRECHECK statements on this
          thing. Shouldn't I be able to use a check like a variable in this way?

          -Greg G
        • Felipe F. Diniz <fdiniz@imagelink.com.br>
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17 7:03 AM
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Phantom Of Krankor
            <torcha.geo@y...>" <torcha.geo@y...> wrote:
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
            > <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
            > > > I'm trying to build a feat that will set one check to the value
            of
            > > > another. That is, I want to do this:
            > > >
            > > > FeatName BONUS:CHECKS|OTHERCHECK.BASE|FIRSTCHECK
            > > >
            > > > Of course, this syntax doesn't work. Can I do this at all?
            > >
            > > Sorta. Using lots of PRECHECK statements on the bonus......
            > >
            > > At least, That is how I would try. Why do people always make up
            syntax?

            > That's because the Code Monkeys can't make up their minds. :)
            I'm
            > not particularly in to putting a dozen PRECHECK statements on this
            > thing. Shouldn't I be able to use a check like a variable in this
            way?

            > -Greg G

            Have you tried this?

            BONUS:CHECKS|REFLEX|CHECK.FORTITUDE.TOTAL

            This adds the Fortitude save to the Reflex save, and it works for me.

            Felipe
            Output Sheet Gibbon
          • Phantom Of Krankor <torcha.geo@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17 9:25 AM
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz
              <fdiniz@i...>" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
              > Have you tried this?
              > BONUS:CHECKS|REFLEX|CHECK.FORTITUDE.TOTAL
              > This adds the Fortitude save to the Reflex save, and it works for me.

              Ah, so! That does work for me. I hadn't thought to (a) use TOTAL
              or (b) uppercase the check name.
              Thanks.

              -Greg G