SUBSTITUTIONCLASS help

  • sorcel00
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
      I'm trying to implement a set of racial substitution levels. The LST
      loads, but I when I select race "Duckling" and class "Barbarian," I
      don't get a dialog box to allow me to select the substitution level.

      Here's my LST code:

      CLASS:Fighter.MOD <tab> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: Duckling Fighter <tab> PRERACE:1,Duckling%
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <tab> FEAT:Foo
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:2 <tab> FEAT:Duck Foo
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:4 <tab> FEAT:Egg Foo Yung

      I'm using PCGen 5.12.0.

      Help?

      -S
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007

        > I'm trying to implement a set of racial substitution levels.
        > The LST loads, but I when I select race "Duckling" and class
        > "Barbarian," I don't get a dialog box to allow me to select
        > the substitution level.
        >
        > Here's my LST code:
        >
        > CLASS:Fighter.MOD <tab> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: Duckling Fighter <tab> PRERACE:1,Duckling%
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <tab> FEAT:Foo
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:2 <tab> FEAT:Duck Foo
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:4 <tab> FEAT:Egg Foo Yung
        >
        > I'm using PCGen 5.12.0.
        >
        > Help?
        >
        > -S

        Fighter or barbarian?
      • sorcel00
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
          Sorry, that was just a goof in the post. It's fighter. I select the
          race "Duckling" and Class "Fighter" and I get no dialog box for the
          substitution level.

          -S

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
            Looks like my Dwarf Fighter substitution levels.

            Couple things I noticed, that you might try:
            1) Remove the space between SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: and "Duckling Fighter"
            - that might just be a function of mis-typing when doing the post, or
            it could be a weird bug.
            2) Try PRERACE:1,Duckling without the % and see if that does anything.

            On 7/20/07, sorcel00 <sorcel00@...> wrote:
            > Sorry, that was just a goof in the post. It's fighter. I select the
            > race "Duckling" and Class "Fighter" and I get no dialog box for the
            > substitution level.
            >
            > -S
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > I'm trying to implement a set of racial substitution levels.
            > > > The LST loads, but I when I select race "Duckling" and class
            > > > "Barbarian," I don't get a dialog box to allow me to select
            > > > the substitution level.
            > > >
            > > > Here's my LST code:
            > > >
            > > > CLASS:Fighter.MOD <tab> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: Duckling Fighter <tab> PRERACE:1,Duckling%
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <tab> FEAT:Foo
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:2 <tab> FEAT:Duck Foo
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:4 <tab> FEAT:Egg Foo Yung
            > > >
            > > > I'm using PCGen 5.12.0.
            > > >
            > > > Help?
            > > >
            > > > -S

          • sorcel00
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
              OK, it's working now. The problem seems to be that there *wasn't* a
              tab between CLASS:Fighter.MOD and HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES. I also
              remove the space between SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: and Duckling Fighter.

              Related question: when using CLASS:Foo.MOD, is it necessary to include
              all the class level lines from 1 to 20? The docs say so, but I can't
              figure out why that would be needed. If the .MOD doesn't change the
              standard level progression, why reproduce all those tags?

              -S

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007

                sorcel00 wrote:
                > OK, it's working now. The problem seems to be that there *wasn't* a
                > tab between CLASS:Fighter.MOD and HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES. I also
                > remove the space between SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: and Duckling Fighter.

                Excellent.
                > Related question: when using CLASS:Foo.MOD, is it necessary to include
                > all the class level lines from 1 to 20? The docs say so, but I can't
                > figure out why that would be needed. If the .MOD doesn't change the
                > standard level progression, why reproduce all those tags?

                From the data sets I've looked at, and how we normally handle things,
                I'd say no. I can't see any reason to include any level lines unless
                those are part of the modification you had planned.

                -Andrew
                Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur
                > -S
                >
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"
                > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Looks like my Dwarf Fighter substitution levels.
                >>
                >> Couple things I noticed, that you might try:
                >> 1) Remove the space between SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: and "Duckling Fighter"
                >> - that might just be a function of mis-typing when doing the post, or
                >> it could be a weird bug.
                >> 2) Try PRERACE:1,Duckling without the % and see if that does anything.
                >>
                >> On 7/20/07, sorcel00 <sorcel00@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Sorry, that was just a goof in the post. It's fighter. I select the
                >>> race "Duckling" and Class "Fighter" and I get no dialog box for the
                >>> substitution level.
                >>>
                >>> -S
                >>>
                >>> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"

                >> --
                >> Tir Gwaith
                >> PCGen LST Chimp

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
                  On Jul 20, 2007, at 11:59 PM, sorcel00 wrote:

                  > OK, it's working now. The problem seems to be that there *wasn't* a
                  > tab between CLASS:Fighter.MOD and HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES. I also
                  > remove the space between SUBSTITUTIONCLASS: and Duckling Fighter.
                  >
                  > Related question: when using CLASS:Foo.MOD, is it necessary to include
                  > all the class level lines from 1 to 20? The docs say so, but I can't
                  > figure out why that would be needed. If the .MOD doesn't change the
                  > standard level progression, why reproduce all those tags?

                  No, you do not have to include the level lines in a .MODed class
                  listing. The docs give an example of a class entry with the
                  substitution level included in the base class definition. I am
                  planning on adding an example of a ,MODed class soon . . .

                  Eric