Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Where is this class level in the character's progression?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
      Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level

      For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level' feat the
      character has.

      Cheerio!

    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007

        > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
        >
        > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
        > feat the character has.
        >
        > Cheerio!
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
        beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
        multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
        can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.

        Paul G.
      • Harry Johnson
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
          Why not create a hidden feat that grants A, B, C and D but has a:

          PREVAREQ:TL,1

          Then have each class grant the hidden feat with ADD:FEAT?

          Disclaimer: I am still using 5.8.x and am still a relative newbie when it
          comes to lst file editing.

          -Harry

          On 7/3/07, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

          > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
          > >
          > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
          > > feat the character has.
          > >
          > > Cheerio!
          > >
          > > --
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > PCGen LST Chimp
          > >

          > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
          > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
          > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
          > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
          >
          > Paul G.

        • Ian Copp
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
            Paul Grosse wrote:

            > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
            > >
            > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
            > > feat the character has.
            > >
            > > Cheerio!
            > >
            > > --
            > > Tir Gwaith
            > > PCGen LST Chimp
            > >

            > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
            > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
            > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
            > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
            >
            > Paul G.

            Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
            me an interim stopgap at least.

            * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
            one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
            these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
            the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
            them.
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
              > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
              > me an interim stopgap at least.

              It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
              easier way, I would have described it. :P

              > * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
              > one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
              > these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
              > the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
              > them.

              Yep.

            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                > > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                > > me an interim stopgap at least.
                >
                > It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
                > easier way, I would have described it. :P

                What about:

                ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D

                on the first classlevel line?
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                  > What about:
                  >
                  > ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D
                  >
                  > on the first classlevel line?

                  Re-read his question. Yeah, that would work. That's simpler than
                  other mechanics that are similar (I got hooked on the Spycraft v.1
                  stuff).