Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Where is this class level in the character's progression?

  • Ian Copp
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
      mythanthornwn wrote:

      > I am not sure on which tags to use but I would check to see if both class
      > level and character are 1.

      Let me try again on explaining it... ;)

      The character's very first class level grants a bunch of bonus feats.

      However, multiclassing into any other class doesn't grant all these
      feats- instead, it just gives you a choice of one of them.

      I'm looking for a way to check if a given class level is 1st in the
      character's progression- so each class knows whether to give a bunch of
      feats or just one- no matter what the character's full level is.
    • Harry Johnson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
        Can't you just check if TL = 1?

        -Harry

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
          Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level

          For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level' feat the
          character has.

          Cheerio!

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007

            > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
            >
            > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
            > feat the character has.
            >
            > Cheerio!
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
            beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
            multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
            can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.

            Paul G.
          • Harry Johnson
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
              Why not create a hidden feat that grants A, B, C and D but has a:

              PREVAREQ:TL,1

              Then have each class grant the hidden feat with ADD:FEAT?

              Disclaimer: I am still using 5.8.x and am still a relative newbie when it
              comes to lst file editing.

              -Harry

              On 7/3/07, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

              > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
              > >
              > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
              > > feat the character has.
              > >
              > > Cheerio!
              > >
              > > --
              > > Tir Gwaith
              > > PCGen LST Chimp
              > >

              > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
              > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
              > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
              > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
              >
              > Paul G.

            • Ian Copp
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                Paul Grosse wrote:

                > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
                > >
                > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
                > > feat the character has.
                > >
                > > Cheerio!
                > >
                > > --
                > > Tir Gwaith
                > > PCGen LST Chimp
                > >

                > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
                > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
                > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
                > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
                >
                > Paul G.

                Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                me an interim stopgap at least.

                * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
                one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
                these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
                the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
                them.
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                  > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                  > me an interim stopgap at least.

                  It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
                  easier way, I would have described it. :P

                  > * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
                  > one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
                  > these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
                  > the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
                  > them.

                  Yep.

                • Tom Parker
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                    <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                    > > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                    > > me an interim stopgap at least.
                    >
                    > It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
                    > easier way, I would have described it. :P

                    What about:

                    ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D

                    on the first classlevel line?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                      > What about:
                      >
                      > ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D
                      >
                      > on the first classlevel line?

                      Re-read his question. Yeah, that would work. That's simpler than
                      other mechanics that are similar (I got hooked on the Spycraft v.1
                      stuff).