Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Where is this class level in the character's progression?

  • mythanthornwn
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
      I am not sure on which tags to use but I would check to see if both class
      level and character are 1.

      On 7/3/07, Ian Copp <sukael@...> wrote:

      > Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > > Main page shows the EXACT order of classes taken and total level of each
      > > in the brackets.
      > > 1-Wizard
      > > 2-Cleric
      > > 3-Cleric (2)
      > > 4-Wizard (2)
      > >
      > > I think if you look/edit the actual pcg you can see the order of feats
      > > taken, but I'm not certain about that.
      > >
      > > -Andrew
      >
      > Okay... I'm looking for a way to get at this info from inside lst files,
      > though. ;)

    • Ian Copp
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
        mythanthornwn wrote:

        > I am not sure on which tags to use but I would check to see if both class
        > level and character are 1.

        Let me try again on explaining it... ;)

        The character's very first class level grants a bunch of bonus feats.

        However, multiclassing into any other class doesn't grant all these
        feats- instead, it just gives you a choice of one of them.

        I'm looking for a way to check if a given class level is 1st in the
        character's progression- so each class knows whether to give a bunch of
        feats or just one- no matter what the character's full level is.
      • Harry Johnson
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
          Can't you just check if TL = 1?

          -Harry

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
            Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level

            For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level' feat the
            character has.

            Cheerio!

          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007

              > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
              >
              > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
              > feat the character has.
              >
              > Cheerio!
              >
              > --
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen LST Chimp

              I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
              beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
              multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
              can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.

              Paul G.
            • Harry Johnson
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                Why not create a hidden feat that grants A, B, C and D but has a:

                PREVAREQ:TL,1

                Then have each class grant the hidden feat with ADD:FEAT?

                Disclaimer: I am still using 5.8.x and am still a relative newbie when it
                comes to lst file editing.

                -Harry

                On 7/3/07, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
                > >
                > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
                > > feat the character has.
                > >
                > > Cheerio!
                > >
                > > --
                > > Tir Gwaith
                > > PCGen LST Chimp
                > >

                > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
                > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
                > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
                > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
                >
                > Paul G.

              • Ian Copp
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                  Paul Grosse wrote:

                  > > Each class on level 1 with ADD:FEAT|1|<My Class> is first level
                  > >
                  > > For the rest, just check which '<My Class> is first level'
                  > > feat the character has.
                  > >
                  > > Cheerio!
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > Tir Gwaith
                  > > PCGen LST Chimp
                  > >

                  > I think he want's it cleaner than that Tir. If Char x becomes class y
                  > beginning with first level it gets feats A, B, C & D. But if it
                  > multi-classes into that class it only gets a selection of A, B, C & D. I
                  > can't think of a clean way off the top of my head.
                  >
                  > Paul G.

                  Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                  me an interim stopgap at least.

                  * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
                  one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
                  these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
                  the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
                  them.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                    > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                    > me an interim stopgap at least.

                    It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
                    easier way, I would have described it. :P

                    > * Make a bunch of virtual feats; each 1st level in a base class gives
                    > one, so long as you don't have any of the others. Then use which of
                    > these the character has to determine at 1st level in any given class if
                    > the character gets a bunch of feats for free, or just gets to pick 1 of
                    > them.

                    Yep.

                  • Tom Parker
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                      <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

                      > > Paul's right- though I can see what Tir is saying*, and that will give
                      > > me an interim stopgap at least.
                      >
                      > It is the only way you can do it, with today's code. If there was an
                      > easier way, I would have described it. :P

                      What about:

                      ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D

                      on the first classlevel line?
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
                        > What about:
                        >
                        > ADD:FEAT|if(TL=1,4,1)|A,B,C,D
                        >
                        > on the first classlevel line?

                        Re-read his question. Yeah, that would work. That's simpler than
                        other mechanics that are similar (I got hooked on the Spycraft v.1
                        stuff).