Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Checking for proficiency in a wielded weapon

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
      On 7/2/07, Ian Copp <sukael@...> wrote:
      > Hiya, guys. I'm putting together a personal dataset with a somewhat
      > different take on two-weapon fighting than usual, and I'm wondering if
      > there's any way to check if the PC is proficient in a particular weapon
      > being used.
      >
      > Foo I PRESTAT:1,DEX=13 PREATT:1
      > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|5 BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-SECONDARY|5
      > Foo II PRESTAT:1,DEX=15 PREATT:6 PREFEAT:1,Foo
      > I BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|3
      > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|3
      > Foo III PRESTAT:1,DEX=17 PREATT:11 PREFEAT:1,Foo I
      > PREFEAT:1,Foo II BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|2
      > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY|2
      >
      > The GameMode files for this already have a -10 penalty for all TWF
      > attempts - so the bonuses here counteract that piece-by-piece, first
      > dropping it to -5, then -2, then 0.
      >
      > With these bonuses, though, is there any PRE tag or combination of them
      > that can be used to check if the PC is actually proficient in the weapon
      > in that hand? Basically, I only want to reduce the penalty for weapons
      > the PC actually knows how to use.

      You can, but it is messy.

      PREMULT:2,[PREEQUIP:1,TYPE=Simple],[PREFEAT:1,Simple Weapon Proficiency]

      It becomes this:PREMULT:1,<series of PREMULTs embedded with [ ]>

      For example
      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-SECONDARY|5|PREMULT:xxx, see below

      PREMULT:1,
      -- [PREMULT:2,[PREEQUIPSECONDARY:1,TYPE=Simple],[PREFEAT:1,Simple
      Weapon Proficiency]],
      -- [PREMULT:2,[PREEQUIPSECONDARY:1,Longsword],[PREWEAPONPROF:1,Longsword]],

      etc. Yeah, that gets really cumbersome and _really long.