Re: Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
      code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
      not a hairball.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        Tom Parker wrote:
        > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
        > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
        > not a hairball.
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
        >>
        >> Thanks Tir.
        >>
        >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
        >>
        >> Maredudd

        >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
        >>>
        >>> See if that fixes it. :)
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>> Tir Gwaith
        >>> PCGen LST Chimp

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          Oops!

          I guess I should have provided more info . . .

          I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
          a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
          substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
          couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

          I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
          entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
          the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

          Maredudd

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
            Let me guess:

            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

            ?

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
              Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

              They're working now . . .

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                Added comment in the tracker.

                It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                and file name the failure was on.