Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      He shoots! He scores!!!!!

      Thanks Tir.

      The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)

      Maredudd

      On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

      > > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
      >
      > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
      >
      > See if that fixes it. :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
        code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
        not a hairball.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          Tom Parker wrote:
          > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
          > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
          > not a hairball.
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
          >>
          >> Thanks Tir.
          >>
          >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
          >>
          >> Maredudd

          >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
          >>>
          >>> See if that fixes it. :)
          >>>
          >>> --
          >>> Tir Gwaith
          >>> PCGen LST Chimp

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
            Oops!

            I guess I should have provided more info . . .

            I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
            a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
            substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
            couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

            I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
            entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
            the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

            Maredudd

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
              Let me guess:

              SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

              ?

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

                They're working now . . .

                Maredudd

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                  Added comment in the tracker.

                  It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                  and file name the failure was on.