Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2 6:00 PM
      He shoots! He scores!!!!!

      Thanks Tir.

      The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)

      Maredudd

      On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

      > > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
      >
      > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
      >
      > See if that fixes it. :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • David M. Bebber
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2 6:00 PM
        On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:17:54 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
        wrote:

        >> CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        >> SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
        >
        > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
        >
        > See if that fixes it. :)

        can you use other PREXXX syntax if you are building a non-racial
        Substitution Level?

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2 6:24 PM
          Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
          code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
          not a hairball.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2 6:37 PM
            [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

            Tom Parker wrote:
            > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
            > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
            > not a hairball.
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
            >>
            >> Thanks Tir.
            >>
            >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
            >>
            >> Maredudd

            >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
            >>>
            >>> See if that fixes it. :)
            >>>
            >>> --
            >>> Tir Gwaith
            >>> PCGen LST Chimp

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2 8:15 PM
              Oops!

              I guess I should have provided more info . . .

              I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
              a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
              substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
              couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

              I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
              entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
              the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3 1:48 AM
                Let me guess:

                SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

                ?

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3 3:46 AM
                  Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

                  They're working now . . .

                  Maredudd

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 3 12:02 PM
                    Added comment in the tracker.

                    It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                    and file name the failure was on.