First LST Mod

  • kevin_fernandes01453
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Hi all, I posted this originally to the PC Gen list and it was
      suggested to post it hear

      I have been working on some specialized kits to define different Orc
      types. Following the documentation and the existing LST files I think
      its coming along quite nicely, the LST syntax is quite powerful.

      Here is an example of what I have done so far, please comment or
      suggest changes if I am doing something that is wrong or could be done
      differently.

      STARTPACK:Orc Seargent VISIBLE:QUALIFY EQUIPBUY:0
      PREMULT:1,[!PRERACE:%],[PRERACE:Orc]
      RACE:Orc !PRERACE:%
      NAME:Orc
      STAT:STR=13|DEX=11|CON=12|INT=10|WIS=9|CHA=8
      ALIGN:CE
      CLASS:Barbarian LEVEL:3
      SKILL:Listen RANK:6
      SKILL:Survival RANK:6
      SKILL:Intimidate RANK:4
      SKILL:Climb RANK:1
      SKILL:Jump RANK:1
      FEAT:Power Attack
      FEAT:Weapon Focus (Greateaxe)
      FEAT:Dodge
      GEAR:Breastplate EQMOD:MWORKA SIZE:PC LOCATION:Equipped
      GEAR:Greataxe EQMOD:MWORKW SIZE:PC LOCATION:Primary Hand
      GEAR:Arrows (20) SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      GEAR:Dagger SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      GEAR:Longbow (Composite) SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      FUNDS:pp QTY:roll("1d6")
      KIT:MyOrcGemKit

      Following examples for treaure, I want to give this particular Orc kit
      a random number of gems (from 1-4), the "MyOrcGemKit" does this and is
      below.

      STARTPACK:MyOrcGemKit VISIBLE:NO EQUIPBUY:0 APPLY:INSTANT
      SELECT:roll("1d4")
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:1
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:2
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:2
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4

      This works but my question is there a better way to do this? I
      looked through the docs and lots of the existing LST files, but was
      unable to find anything like what I wanted to do with this. Basically
      I want to generate 1d4 random gems of random value (I am going to
      refine the value part later).

      Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks again.
      Kevin F.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        On 7/2/07, kevin_fernandes01453 <drkstorm@...> wrote:
        > Hi all, I posted this originally to the PC Gen list and it was
        > suggested to post it hear
        >
        > I have been working on some specialized kits to define different Orc
        > types. Following the documentation and the existing LST files I think
        > its coming along quite nicely, the LST syntax is quite powerful.
        >
        > Here is an example of what I have done so far, please comment or
        > suggest changes if I am doing something that is wrong or could be done
        > differently.
        >
        > STARTPACK:Orc Seargent VISIBLE:QUALIFY EQUIPBUY:0
        > PREMULT:1,[!PRERACE:%],[PRERACE:Orc]

        PREMULT:1,[!PRERACE:1,%],[PRERACE:1,Orc]

        > NAME:Orc

        I'd recommend NAME:Orc Seargent

        > RACE:Orc !PRERACE:%
        again, !PRERACE:1,%

        > FEAT:Weapon Focus (Greateaxe)
        No space:
        FEAT:Weapon Focus(Greataxe)

        > FUNDS:pp QTY:roll("1d6")

        Needs to be FUNDS:gp, unless your GameMode has a definition for pp.
        Standard 35e is in gp.

        > KIT:MyOrcGemKit
        >
        > Following examples for treaure, I want to give this particular Orc kit
        > a random number of gems (from 1-4), the "MyOrcGemKit" does this and is
        > below.

        You want this:

        STARTPACK:MyOrcGemKit VISIBLE:NO EQUIPBUY:0 APPLY:INSTANT
        SELECT:roll("1d4")
        KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:1,4
        KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:2,4
        KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3,4
        KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4

        On value of 1, will give Kit only once (only meets the first line's
        requirements)
        On value of 2, will give Kit twice, from first two lines.
        On value of 3, will give Kit 3 times, from first 3 lines.
        On value of 4, will give Kit 4 times, from all for lines.

        Make sense?

      • Kevin Fernandes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
          Wow thanks, almost everything makes sense (now that is). Especially the
          gem selector STARTKIT, I don't know why I didn't see it myself :)

          One other question though, I copied this from the original Default Orc
          kit in the 5.10.2 rsrd_kits_races_o_p.lst and the PRERACE tags were that
          way in that file (I didn't change it). What is the difference from that
          STARTKIT definition in the original file to the way you described it
          below (the PRERACE:% to PRERACE:1,% for instance)?

          Thanks again,
          Kevin F.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
            On 7/2/07, Kevin Fernandes <drkstorm@...> wrote:
            > Wow thanks, almost everything makes sense (now that is). Especially the
            > gem selector STARTKIT, I don't know why I didn't see it myself :)
            >
            > One other question though, I copied this from the original Default Orc
            > kit in the 5.10.2 rsrd_kits_races_o_p.lst and the PRERACE tags were that
            > way in that file (I didn't change it). What is the difference from that
            > STARTKIT definition in the original file to the way you described it
            > below (the PRERACE:% to PRERACE:1,% for instance)?

            Ah, didn't realize you were using 5.10.

            Syntax of PRERACE changed in like 5.9.4 or so. The old PRERACE syntax
            has been deprecated, and I don't know if it will work in the new 5.12.
            Deprecated syntax is only left in for one