Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      Ok, lets try this again . . .

      I am using PCGen 5.12.0 RC4
      I am running Mac OSX 10.4.9 and Java 1.5.0_06
      and am running the RSRD . . .

      I have implemented substitution levels for the Knoby Tosser

      My LST looks like this:

      CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <stuff implementing 'Really Cool Tosser Feat'>
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <standard Tosser stuff that needs to be re-included>
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <more standard Tosser stuff . . .>
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <1st level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:5 <5th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
      SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:13 <13th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>

      This is what the console dumps out . . .

      Exception loading files.
      java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
      at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
      at pcgen.core.SubstitutionClass.addToLevelArray
      (SubstitutionClass.java:65)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:
      155)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:44)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.performMod
      (LstObjectFileLoader.java:598)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.processMods
      (LstObjectFileLoader.java:684)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles
      (LstObjectFileLoader.java:125)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns
      (LstSystemLoader.java:482)
      at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns
      (PersistenceManager.java:167)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1047)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$1800(MainSource.java:120)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource$18.construct(MainSource.java:1067)
      at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:144)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

      Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

      Maredudd
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%

        PRERACE:1,Knoby%

        See if that fixes it. :)

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          He shoots! He scores!!!!!

          Thanks Tir.

          The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)

          Maredudd

          On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

          > > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
          > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
          >
          > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
          >
          > See if that fixes it. :)
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

        • David M. Bebber
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
            On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:17:54 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
            wrote:

            >> CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
            >> SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
            >
            > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
            >
            > See if that fixes it. :)

            can you use other PREXXX syntax if you are building a non-racial
            Substitution Level?

          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
              Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
              code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
              not a hairball.

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                Tom Parker wrote:
                > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
                > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
                > not a hairball.
                >
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
                >>
                >> Thanks Tir.
                >>
                >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
                >>
                >> Maredudd

                >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                >>>
                >>> See if that fixes it. :)
                >>>
                >>> --
                >>> Tir Gwaith
                >>> PCGen LST Chimp

              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Oops!

                  I guess I should have provided more info . . .

                  I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
                  a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
                  substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
                  couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

                  I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
                  entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
                  the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

                  Maredudd

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                    Let me guess:

                    SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

                    ?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                      Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

                      They're working now . . .

                      Maredudd

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                        Added comment in the tracker.

                        It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                        and file name the failure was on.