Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      Doh!!!

      :-)

      On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      >
      > Using 5.10 when Substitution Levels were implemented in 5.11 would be
      > my first guess. ;)

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
        > wrote:
        > > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
        >
        > Using 5.10 when Substitution Levels were implemented in 5.11 would be
        > my first guess. ;)

        Oh, Thanks Tom! :-)
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          Ok, lets try this again . . .

          I am using PCGen 5.12.0 RC4
          I am running Mac OSX 10.4.9 and Java 1.5.0_06
          and am running the RSRD . . .

          I have implemented substitution levels for the Knoby Tosser

          My LST looks like this:

          CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
          SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <stuff implementing 'Really Cool Tosser Feat'>
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <standard Tosser stuff that needs to be re-included>
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <more standard Tosser stuff . . .>
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <1st level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:5 <5th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:13 <13th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>

          This is what the console dumps out . . .

          Exception loading files.
          java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
          at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
          at pcgen.core.SubstitutionClass.addToLevelArray
          (SubstitutionClass.java:65)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:
          155)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:44)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.performMod
          (LstObjectFileLoader.java:598)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.processMods
          (LstObjectFileLoader.java:684)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles
          (LstObjectFileLoader.java:125)
          at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns
          (LstSystemLoader.java:482)
          at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns
          (PersistenceManager.java:167)
          at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1047)
          at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$1800(MainSource.java:120)
          at pcgen.gui.MainSource$18.construct(MainSource.java:1067)
          at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:144)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

          Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

          Maredudd
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
            > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
            > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%

            PRERACE:1,Knoby%

            See if that fixes it. :)

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
              He shoots! He scores!!!!!

              Thanks Tir.

              The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)

              Maredudd

              On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

              > > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
              > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
              >
              > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
              >
              > See if that fixes it. :)
              >
              > --
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen LST Chimp

            • David M. Bebber
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:17:54 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
                wrote:

                >> CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
                >> SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
                >
                > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                >
                > See if that fixes it. :)

                can you use other PREXXX syntax if you are building a non-racial
                Substitution Level?

              • Tom Parker
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
                  code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
                  not a hairball.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                    [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

                    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                    Tom Parker wrote:
                    > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
                    > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
                    > not a hairball.
                    >
                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
                    >>
                    >> Thanks Tir.
                    >>
                    >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
                    >>
                    >> Maredudd

                    >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                    >>>
                    >>> See if that fixes it. :)
                    >>>
                    >>> --
                    >>> Tir Gwaith
                    >>> PCGen LST Chimp

                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                      Oops!

                      I guess I should have provided more info . . .

                      I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
                      a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
                      substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
                      couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

                      I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
                      entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
                      the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

                      Maredudd

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                        Let me guess:

                        SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

                        ?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                          Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

                          They're working now . . .

                          Maredudd

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                            Added comment in the tracker.

                            It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                            and file name the failure was on.