Re: Substitution Level Help . . .

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
      wrote:
      > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

      Using 5.10 when Substitution Levels were implemented in 5.11 would be
      my first guess. ;)
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        Doh!!!

        :-)

        On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
        > wrote:
        > > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
        >
        > Using 5.10 when Substitution Levels were implemented in 5.11 would be
        > my first guess. ;)

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
          > wrote:
          > > Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
          >
          > Using 5.10 when Substitution Levels were implemented in 5.11 would be
          > my first guess. ;)

          Oh, Thanks Tom! :-)
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
            Ok, lets try this again . . .

            I am using PCGen 5.12.0 RC4
            I am running Mac OSX 10.4.9 and Java 1.5.0_06
            and am running the RSRD . . .

            I have implemented substitution levels for the Knoby Tosser

            My LST looks like this:

            CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
            SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <stuff implementing 'Really Cool Tosser Feat'>
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <standard Tosser stuff that needs to be re-included>
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <more standard Tosser stuff . . .>
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <1st level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:5 <5th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>
            SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:13 <13th level Knoby Tosser Class Features>

            This is what the console dumps out . . .

            Exception loading files.
            java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
            at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
            at pcgen.core.SubstitutionClass.addToLevelArray
            (SubstitutionClass.java:65)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:
            155)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.PCClassLoader.parseLine(PCClassLoader.java:44)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.performMod
            (LstObjectFileLoader.java:598)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.processMods
            (LstObjectFileLoader.java:684)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles
            (LstObjectFileLoader.java:125)
            at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns
            (LstSystemLoader.java:482)
            at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns
            (PersistenceManager.java:167)
            at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1047)
            at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$1800(MainSource.java:120)
            at pcgen.gui.MainSource$18.construct(MainSource.java:1067)
            at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:144)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

            Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

            Maredudd
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
              > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
              > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%

              PRERACE:1,Knoby%

              See if that fixes it. :)

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                He shoots! He scores!!!!!

                Thanks Tir.

                The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)

                Maredudd

                On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

                > > CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
                > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
                >
                > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                >
                > See if that fixes it. :)
                >
                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

              • David M. Bebber
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                  On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:17:54 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
                  wrote:

                  >> CLASS:Tosser.MOD HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
                  >> SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Knoby Tosser PRERACE:Knoby%
                  >
                  > PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                  >
                  > See if that fixes it. :)

                  can you use other PREXXX syntax if you are building a non-racial
                  Substitution Level?

                • Tom Parker
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                    Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
                    code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
                    not a hairball.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                      [ 1746873 ] Substitution Level Help . . .Stack Trace Error

                      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1746873&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                      Tom Parker wrote:
                      > Wow. If that difference causes a stack trace, then someone please
                      > code tracker that for 5.14. That should be a friendly error message,
                      > not a hairball.
                      >
                      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      >> He shoots! He scores!!!!!
                      >>
                      >> Thanks Tir.
                      >>
                      >> The little Knoby's a Tosser now! :-)
                      >>
                      >> Maredudd

                      >>> PRERACE:1,Knoby%
                      >>>
                      >>> See if that fixes it. :)
                      >>>
                      >>> --
                      >>> Tir Gwaith
                      >>> PCGen LST Chimp

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
                        Oops!

                        I guess I should have provided more info . . .

                        I did put in the fix that Tir suggested, but there was some LST done
                        a bt further down that I commented out at the same time . . . The
                        substitution level worked, but it was the commented out LST code. (an
                        couple of incomplete substitution level entries . . .)

                        I then went back, after my woohoo post, and made the PRERACE:Knoby
                        entry, and it still worked . . . indicating that my problem was in
                        the unfinished substitution level entries . . .

                        Maredudd

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                          Let me guess:

                          SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:

                          ?

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                            Yep! Thats it exactly . . . :-)

                            They're working now . . .

                            Maredudd

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
                              Added comment in the tracker.

                              It would be nice if these things failed nicer, and told one which line
                              and file name the failure was on.